Hey

I have been playing guitar for 2 years using an old Maton F10 classical guitar. I'm looking to upgrade to an acoustic electric type guitar. Seeing as Im travelling to the US soon I am thinking of getting the Taylor 114CE. Its $849 US which is roughly the same price aus as exchange rate is very good atm. (Just changed $1002 Aus at the bank for $980 US

Is this a good option for me going forward or should i get a maton in aus?
I play mostly paul kelly, redgum type of songs or mostly 70's music like the police or hunters and collectors. also love my friend the chocolate cake.

Any help would be great.

Cheers
I have the 212CE and it's absolutely the most awesome acoustic guitar in that price range. But idk...for 70's music it might be a little too bright. You should try it yourself.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I don't have any experience with Maton guitars but I work at Guitar Center and get to play around with a ton of different brands of acoustic there. Taylor is by far my favorite out of all the brands. And I'm EXTREMELY picky about my instruments. I'll be getting a 210CE as soon as i have the money to spare.

Best thing to do really is go check out the 114CE and other guitars for yourself and form your own opinion on how it plays and sounds. Someone could tell you that a certain guitar is THE....BEST....EVER, but you may think it's the most terrible thing in the world. Just find the one that feels best to you. If that so happens to be a Maton, then get a Maton. If its a Taylor, then get a Taylor. I will tell you that they are extremely well made and sound amazing...at least to me. Good luck on your guitar hunt and welcome to the US when you get here.
Thanks guys
Yeah mate I'm thinking of buying the taylor from guitar center in Denver, as Im going through on the way to Vail. Is guitar center the biggest music retailer in that area?

Cheers
As far as i know it's the biggest music instrument retailer in the US. Now, some towns may have other, bigger local shops because not every Guitar Center is a huge store. Mine is only one of the mid sized stores and we have some pretty stiff competition from a local retailer that just so happens to be the biggest seller of Paul Reed Smith guitars in the country.
i believe that guitar center is the biggest music store chain, but most are a mixed bag when it comes to customer service, knowledgeable staff, etc, and sounds like denver is no exception

http://www.yelp.com/biz/guitar-center-denver

too bad you won't be by l.a. guitar sales or guitar rodeo.

Quote by RustyMate
Thanks guys
Yeah mate I'm thinking of buying the taylor from guitar center in Denver, as Im going through on the way to Vail. Is guitar center the biggest music retailer in that area?

Cheers
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!