Page 3 of 70
i want one of these

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I had a beautiful S&W revolver, felt like I was in a Western. I'd love to have kept it, but sadly the English can't be trusted with weapons. If I moved to America, I'd definately have a collection, cowboy style.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
I own one of these in case shit gets real.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by ghostnineone
i love the .45

i heard they stopped issuing the 1911 because GIs were shooting themselves too often because of the lack of a decocker (seems like an easy fix...) dunno if its true or not, i think they stopped issuing them in 85 and i wasnt born yet

the .45 was requested to stop Moro rebels (Hyped on drugs) in the philipines when our previous 38 special wasnt working. After we were done with that, in the late 80's we went with 9mm, a "smart" round...I prefer the .45...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Joining the army in 11 days...can't wait until I get a weapon
probably gonna use a M4/Tavor rifle. :]
btw a question.. if I had experience using firearms (shot a pistol 2-3 times) will using a rifle will be easy for me?
as far as i can tell, most modern assault rifles are quite easy on the recoil, say the M4A1. If you have any experience with something like a 9mm or a recreational rifle like the Ruger i posted ip there, id imagine the experience would be much the same.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
as far as i can tell, most modern assault rifles are quite easy on the recoil, say the M4A1. If you have any experience with something like a 9mm or a recreational rifle like the Ruger i posted ip there, id imagine the experience would be much the same.

The M4A1 has smaller recoil because it uses lighter rounds, but I noticed that if that gun "overheats" a bit it starts to rattle and the recoil becomes tougher.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Local666Union
Joining the army in 11 days...can't wait until I get a weapon
probably gonna use a M4/Tavor rifle. :]
btw a question.. if I had experience using firearms (shot a pistol 2-3 times) will using a rifle will be easy for me?
As long as you are of a reasonable size and use proper shooting techniques (stance specifically), you shouldn't have a problem. I've shot quite a few automatic weapons, and the only one that would've given me trouble was the M249 SAW (had it not been mounted on a bipod ). You should be fine since they'll instruct you on how to use all their weaponry anyway, and IIRC the US Army usually uses 5.56x45mm rounds. Besides that, you'll usually only use the full auto for suppressive fire, if you have to shoot at any real targets it will be in short, controlled bursts. That means no more than five or six rounds per trigger pull.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Mar 13, 2011,
I've had some training with an M-9 from a nearby Air Force detachment, good times. It's pretty fun to shoot.
Took my CZ to the range again today for a small bit of shooting.

Love that gat, and damn is it accurate. Had a pretty solid 1" group at 7 yards, the sights are dead on.

I wish I could do walk-and-shoots and double-taps at the range near me to get some realistic shooting in, but oh well.
My God, it's full of stars!
damn i sure do love this thread!
i know satan personallly and he said the ugliest thing hes seen was you and yo mama
Quote by Dreadnought
Took my CZ to the range again today for a small bit of shooting.

Love that gat, and damn is it accurate. Had a pretty solid 1" group at 7 yards, the sights are dead on.

I wish I could do walk-and-shoots and double-taps at the range near me to get some realistic shooting in, but oh well.
I'm really considering getting the CZ 75. I heard around that's it's incredibly accurate, and would meet Canada's requirements as a non-prohibited weapon. I'll probably buy used, but if I can't find one does anyone know of a place in North America that would sell them? Preferably Canada, I'm sure I'd have to go through hell to get one in from the US.
Quote by Pat_s1t
I'm really considering getting the CZ 75. I heard around that's it's incredibly accurate, and would meet Canada's requirements as a non-prohibited weapon. I'll probably buy used, but if I can't find one does anyone know of a place in North America that would sell them? Preferably Canada, I'm sure I'd have to go through hell to get one in from the US.

http://www.firearmscanada.com/?s=CZ+75&sa=search&cat=3
Quote by Dreadnought
Most of those are .40 cal, the only ones that aren't are either sold, or that odd looking CZ 75 TS Czechmate. I'm looking for a 9mm solely because ammunition would be free of charge for me, and I'd rather not have to buy ammunition if I don't have to. Something like this would be ideal.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Most of those are .40 cal, the only ones that aren't are either sold, or that odd looking CZ 75 TS Czechmate. I'm looking for a 9mm solely because ammunition would be free of charge for me, and I'd rather not have to buy ammunition if I don't have to. Something like this would be ideal.

Are you set on getting a fullsize?

Everything I know about the SP-01 points to it being a great gun. I would have ordered one had my dad not sent me his P-01 for free.
Quote by Dreadnought
Are you set on getting a fullsize?

Everything I know about the SP-01 points to it being a great gun. I would have ordered one had my dad not sent me his P-01 for free.
Yeah, I pretty much have to if I want a quick and smooth licensing with the RCMP. The barrel length has to be at least 105mm (4.1"), so that cuts out almost all compact variations of most guns. Even if I had the bare minimum barrel length, the way I see it the bigger the barrel is, the harder it is to conceal and the easier it will be for me to get one. Obviously there are restrictions to that, but I think a 4.7" barrel should do just fine. I won't be doing anything but range shooting with it anyway.
Quote by BurningStarlV
My dad and I recently picked one of these up as a home defense weapon.

It's a Benelli Nova Tactical 12 gauge.

How much did that cost you? Looks nice

Beretta 682.

I love "my" shotgun. I cant get one as I have nowhere to fit a gun safe to get a license, but I use one of these when I go trap shooting every week. Only issue I have is I would rather a 32" barrel as I feel its easier to track faster with. But damn its an incredible gun.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Dreadnought
How much did that cost you? Looks nice

Got it for $299. I think they had it marked wrong because when they rang it up it said $399. They gave it to us for the price it was marked at though.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Apr 3, 2011,
From the earlier post about the M1911 (.45 auto).... The reason for the switch to the 9mm Berretta was primarily logistic; 9mm is the standard NATO pistol and submachine gun round.
There was no problem with the M1911 design and safety; the weapon has not only a robust thumb safety but a grip safety as well.
While I was a medic in the army in the 60s, we did have one lad who managed to shoot himself in the leg.... Sheer stupidity. He chambered a round at his guard post (in violation of orders) and stuck the weapon into his holster with his finger in the trigger guard.
Went right through his lower leg and broke his tibia....

It might be of interest to know that the services are not wildly enthusiastic about the 9mm pistol. The Special Forces approved an M1911 variant for "alternative" issue to their personnel, and the Marines are looking into procuring a similar weapon.
Quote by Bikewer
From the earlier post about the M1911 (.45 auto).... The reason for the switch to the 9mm Berretta was primarily logistic; 9mm is the standard NATO pistol and submachine gun round.
There was no problem with the M1911 design and safety; the weapon has not only a robust thumb safety but a grip safety as well.
While I was a medic in the army in the 60s, we did have one lad who managed to shoot himself in the leg.... Sheer stupidity. He chambered a round at his guard post (in violation of orders) and stuck the weapon into his holster with his finger in the trigger guard.
Went right through his lower leg and broke his tibia....

It might be of interest to know that the services are not wildly enthusiastic about the 9mm pistol. The Special Forces approved an M1911 variant for "alternative" issue to their personnel, and the Marines are looking into procuring a similar weapon.

A lot of special operations forces use Glocks, as well.

I personally don't like glocks, to be honest. Also, I don't always carry a handgun with me on target, though I do when I'm machine-gunning, and I don't think I have a strong preference with regards to caliber in my handgun. I currently lean more towards 9mm for the increased round capacity over "stopping power."

I personally have not seen a 1911 variant in use. But then again, I don't make a habit of hanging around SF cats.
I use a remington 870 for trap and its barrel is 32", its pretty awesome

Pump action for trap? Seriously, that must make life pretty bloody hard for those 2nd barrels? Though 32" sounds nice.

My dad uses a glock at work, says he loves its usability and how great it is for concealment whilst doing CP work, but misses his old Sig when it comes to rapid use and hip fire accuracy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ethan_hanus

Any my Katana set, which ya'll prolly seen too:

I'm getting a real one once I get good enough at iaido
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I bet, I couldnt imagine doing trap with a pump, I love the double action ( cant remember the proper name ) on the Beretta I use, the trigger is so light, the balance is great. Just wished I would get a better score than my 23 a round average

92/100 is a poor score where I shoot

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Went to the gun show today, all I bought was a .22 mag though, went a couple weeks back and got a bit more stuff.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I really use my dads stuff. When we lived in the UK we would hunt, but now as we are in france and have far less time to even consider doing so, we do target shooting at our local club.

We have a Brno .22 Czech thing, which is a nice little rifle. Shoot it at 50 metres with scope, I get about a 2 inch grouping without a bench rest, getting better though.

A Sako .243 with a brilliant Leupold scope on it. I love this rifle, really, the trigger breaks so crisply that it is just lovely. The other day we used it on the 50m range seeing as the 100m one isn't up and functional at the club yet (built by donations and volunteers).

The one I'm really keen to try out is the Tikka .300 WinMag with Zeiss (Old enough to be west-german) scope on it. I love German reticles, and it is just sooooo clear, not to mention that the rifle itself is so brilliantly balanced.

Dad just got his 3rd stamp in his license as well (means you've been shooting continuosly for 6 months of the year, which is the requirement for a license here, at a club that is), so that means that he can buy pretty much anything now bar military weapons and ammo. Which means pistols. He was saying that Beretta do a really nice target pistol in .22, which would be nice. Or a nice Sig.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Dawginator
I really use my dads stuff. When we lived in the UK we would hunt, but now as we are in france and have far less time to even consider doing so, we do target shooting at our local club.

We have a Brno .22 Czech thing, which is a nice little rifle. Shoot it at 50 metres with scope, I get about a 2 inch grouping without a bench rest, getting better though.

A Sako .243 with a brilliant Leupold scope on it. I love this rifle, really, the trigger breaks so crisply that it is just lovely. The other day we used it on the 50m range seeing as the 100m one isn't up and functional at the club yet (built by donations and volunteers).

The one I'm really keen to try out is the Tikka .300 WinMag with Zeiss (Old enough to be west-german) scope on it. I love German reticles, and it is just sooooo clear, not to mention that the rifle itself is so brilliantly balanced.

Dad just got his 3rd stamp in his license as well (means you've been shooting continuosly for 6 months of the year, which is the requirement for a license here, at a club that is), so that means that he can buy pretty much anything now bar military weapons and ammo. Which means pistols. He was saying that Beretta do a really nice target pistol in .22, which would be nice. Or a nice Sig.

I like Beretta, not a huge fan of Sig Sauer
Yeah where I shoot the guy who runs it is ex olympic shooting squad and holds a few records, I think his best score was 17 shoots with a perfect score, so 1700/1700 and alot of the current guys are in the England national trap team or just old boys who get 98/100 and up everytime.

They are awesome. I cant wait to get back into it fully again soon.

why dont you like the Sig Dread? My dad loved them for his work, more so than the Glocks.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I bet, I couldnt imagine doing trap with a pump

alot of o/u and semi auto guys say that but it not hard at all it just takes practice. like it does with any gun when you arent accustomed to the action
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
I would hate the fact the pump weould throw me well of shot, I have a very smooth swing and enjoy following on to the target for my 2nd shot, I just think personally the pump would through me off

Each to his own

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i use this as my primary with a ACOG scope

ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Tom 1.0
I would hate the fact the pump weould throw me well of shot, I have a very smooth swing and enjoy following on to the target for my 2nd shot, I just think personally the pump would through me off

Each to his own

not if you have a good gun. some people cant shoot o/u's and auto's bucause it throws them waaayyyyyyyy off
but like you say each to his own. but you sould try them some time
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Quote by AzureNight
I own these two:

Hopefully I make enough this summer to buy this, and take up archery as a hobby:

hey where did you get those i like em
i know satan personallly and he said the ugliest thing hes seen was you and yo mama