Page 4 of 70
Quote by kingmonk
hey where did you get those i like em

The Cold Steel Shamshir was from http://stores.ebay.ca/Swords-of-Legend, and the Kukri knife was from the Nepalese Kukhri House on ebay also. Imported both from the US (Shamshir) and Nepal (Kukri) into Canada with no problems. KultofAthena.com is a sweet site as well if you like pre-modern weaponry; good prices too.
Last edited by AzureNight at Apr 3, 2011,
Does anyone here have firearms for "home"/"self" defense?

What do you use, how do you carry, what's your philosophy, etc?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Does anyone here have firearms for "home"/"self" defense?

What do you use, how do you carry, what's your philosophy, etc?
Nah, this part of Canada is chill as ****. If I lived anywhere but Atlantic Caada, I'd probably keep a shotgun or whatever handgun I decide to possess in the future handy in case of home invasion. But because there's no major threat of it here, I don't see the need to constantly be ready to arm myself in an instant.
Quote by Dreadnought
I like Beretta, not a huge fan of Sig Sauer

Yeah, when we shot skeet and rough we had Beretta's; Mum has a 682 and Dad a DT10, both lovely guns, I had a Lincoln, don't know what model.

If their pistols are anything like their shotguns, I don't think I woul be able to find any fault with them.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Regarding Glock pistols.... I've been in police work for many years, and started out like nearly everyone back then with revolvers.
Back in the mid-80s, we transitioned to the Glock M23 (the .40 S&W "compact")
A lot of folks express that they don't like the Glock. There was a lot of resistance among police officers and trainers at first to the "plastic pistol". Now many years down the pike, the Glock is ubiquitous; it's almost become the standard law-enforcement pistol.

And with good reason.... They are superbly reliable and simple to operate. I've been carrying the very same pistol for more than 20 years and it's never had a single malfunction. That's pretty good.
Absolutely simple to use; no safeties to mess with, no drill... Just pick it up and pull the trigger, much like a revolver.
Granted, they are not attractive. The trigger pull is not crisp and glass-smooth like a target weapon. But as a combat weapon... Unsurpassed.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Nah, this part of Canada is chill as ****. If I lived anywhere but Atlantic Caada, I'd probably keep a shotgun or whatever handgun I decide to possess in the future handy in case of home invasion. But because there's no major threat of it here, I don't see the need to constantly be ready to arm myself in an instant.

Ha! Not even lol the only place where I would even consider having a gun for reasons like that would be toronto, vancouver and mayyyyyyyybe montreal if you're hanging around the wrong people.
Quote by metalblaster
Ha! Not even lol the only place where I would even consider having a gun for reasons like that would be toronto, vancouver and mayyyyyyyybe montreal if you're hanging around the wrong people.
Toronto for sure, and probably Montreal as well. And pretty much any big city in the prairies. Saskatoon, Regina and Winnipeg are all sketchy as **** (statistically).
Quote by Bikewer
Regarding Glock pistols.... I've been in police work for many years, and started out like nearly everyone back then with revolvers.
Back in the mid-80s, we transitioned to the Glock M23 (the .40 S&W "compact")
A lot of folks express that they don't like the Glock. There was a lot of resistance among police officers and trainers at first to the "plastic pistol". Now many years down the pike, the Glock is ubiquitous; it's almost become the standard law-enforcement pistol.

And with good reason.... They are superbly reliable and simple to operate. I've been carrying the very same pistol for more than 20 years and it's never had a single malfunction. That's pretty good.
Absolutely simple to use; no safeties to mess with, no drill... Just pick it up and pull the trigger, much like a revolver.
Granted, they are not attractive. The trigger pull is not crisp and glass-smooth like a target weapon. But as a combat weapon... Unsurpassed.

Eh, shooters preference
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yeah where I shoot the guy who runs it is ex olympic shooting squad and holds a few records, I think his best score was 17 shoots with a perfect score, so 1700/1700 and alot of the current guys are in the England national trap team or just old boys who get 98/100 and up everytime.

They are awesome. I cant wait to get back into it fully again soon.

why dont you like the Sig Dread? My dad loved them for his work, more so than the Glocks.

I can't remember exactly. My dad had a model that I shot when I was younger, pre-military, but my friend here had one and I just didn't like the ergonomics at all. Like I said, can't really remember any specifics. I'm fairly certain that it felt pretty "loose".
I live in the UK, so owning a gun is illegal, i do keep a small kitchen knife next to my bed though.

WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Why don't you get something bigger/more practical for other situations;

Because if he dared use it in self defence against an intruder he would find himself charged with sue of a dangerous weapon.

our self defence laws concerning intruders/trespassers is a joke.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by LordBishek

One of the most beautiful looking assault rifles in the world. Discuss.

I personally think it's pretty ugly, in that particular setup. Would be better with an adjustable buttstock.

That being said I've never fired a G36 so I can't comment on its performance/ergonomics
Quote by Dreadnought
I personally think it's pretty ugly, in that particular setup. Would be better with an adjustable buttstock.

That being said I've never fired a G36 so I can't comment on its performance/ergonomics

You know what, you're mean, dude

Alright, smartarse, post a pretty gun.

EDIT: I'm with you on the buttstock, though
I would like to post things we use, but I unfortunately cannot. I'm not the biggest fan of assault rifles, at any rate. Outside of my job, I pay them no mind
So I'm debating between the remington 700 sps tactical and the sps tactical aac-sd .308

I've been reading some reviews and it seems the aac is a fine gun but ive also heard some other weird issues like odd jamming once in a while. i'm really leaning towards just the tactical but i heard the stock is made of this soft rubber and apparently it can mess up your shot because some way it can bend the barrel or something.

anyone have preferences towards one or the other?
Quote by metalblaster
So I'm debating between the remington 700 sps tactical and the sps tactical aac-sd .308

I've been reading some reviews and it seems the aac is a fine gun but ive also heard some other weird issues like odd jamming once in a while. i'm really leaning towards just the tactical but i heard the stock is made of this soft rubber and apparently it can mess up your shot because some way it can bend the barrel or something.

I have a Remington 700 and love it. I would prefer that I had the Tactical variant. I recommend the plain tactical version.

Why do you want the AAC-SD variant?
Quote by metalblaster

I have the SPS tactical. I have done absolutely no mods to it and I haven't changed the stock. It will still shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards. And the aac-sd has the same stock except it's a different color (correct me if I'm wrong). I highly recommend this gun and for the price you can't go wrong.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
About 5 years ago I had the opportunity to fire a browning m2.

Am I the only one that finds it funny that you can't own an automatic weapon manufactured after 1986. But flamethrowers are perfectly legal.
Team Coco
Last edited by seanfysco at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Because if he dared use it in self defence against an intruder he would find himself charged with sue of a dangerous weapon.

our self defence laws concerning intruders/trespassers is a joke.

This.

Although i am back home from uni at the moment and have one of these next to my bed:

Although it is a souvenier, so it isn't that sharp, although under my matress, sticking out for easy reach is this:

WHOMP

Quote by seanfysco
About 5 years ago I had the opportunity to fire a browning m2. Am I the only one that finds it funny that you can't own an automatic weapon manufactured after 1986. But flamethrowers are perfectly legal.

Not funny at all. The difference in capability between a "flamethrower" and a .50 cal automatic weapon is astronomical
Quote by JustRooster
Good luck finding a flamethrower and fuel.

Flamethrowers are actually totally legal because of the threat of killer bees, it's the only really effective way to kill them if they're after you.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Dreadnought
Not funny at all. The difference in capability between a "flamethrower" and a .50 cal automatic weapon is astronomical

Of course. I wasn't trying to equate the Duce to a flamethrower I should have put a break separating the two sentences.

Quote by JustRooster
Good luck finding a flamethrower and fuel.

Its actually easy to get a flamethrower. It's working military ones that are hard to find, most of them are deactivated from what I've heard.
Team Coco
Last edited by seanfysco at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by tayroar
Flamethrowers are actually totally legal because of the threat of killer bees, it's the only really effective way to kill them if they're after you.

I can run faster than a bee can fly.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by KillingMachine
I have the SPS tactical. I have done absolutely no mods to it and I haven't changed the stock. It will still shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards. And the aac-sd has the same stock except it's a different color (correct me if I'm wrong). I highly recommend this gun and for the price you can't go wrong.

But do you get this barrell bending things i keep hearing about? it's something along the lines of that because the stock is so soft and mushy you grip it harder and put more pressure on it but it bends the barrell ever so slightly depending how hard youre doing it.

I don't know, I think I'll go for it, it seems pretty nice and I've heard awesome things about it. the aac just seems kind of random and the suppressor is an extra two or three hundred so i dont see the point in that.
Quote by Dreadnought
I have a Remington 700 and love it. I would prefer that I had the Tactical variant. I recommend the plain tactical version.

Why do you want the AAC-SD variant?

Well, I don't really want it. I think it would just be my second choice but even now I'm having second guesses, i would probably just go for something completely different. but I'm leaning pretty good for the tactical. And honestly, the aac just looks kind of dumb without the suppressor. thats just me though...
Quote by metalblaster
Well, I don't really want it. I think it would just be my second choice but even now I'm having second guesses, i would probably just go for something completely different. but I'm leaning pretty good for the tactical. And honestly, the aac just looks kind of dumb without the suppressor. thats just me though...

Yeah, because it's about the looks.

The 700 is a fantastic rifle. I am quite a fan of Remington.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Yeah, because it's about the looks.

The 700 is a fantastic rifle. I am quite a fan of Remington.

I know lol it sounds dumb. but if i buy it i want to like it in everyway possible. dont get me wrong if its the sickest gun ever made and it's pink and has feathers on it i'll ****ing get it.

but yeah that's what i'm hearing, the 700 series are just masterpieces.
Quote by Dayman
I really want a G3, anybody here ever used one? Did you like it?

I've got one. all original..Love it.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by donender
This.

Although i am back home from uni at the moment and have one of these next to my bed:

Although it is a souvenier, so it isn't that sharp, although under my matress, sticking out for easy reach is this:

Isn't that one of those sticks with the little bead things inside that when you turn it it sounds like rain?

Personally, I don't own any real weapons, other than a somewhat sharp Miller's Creek flip-out pocket knife, although that's more of a tool than an actual weapon. I'd like to buy a decent handgun, though. Maybe a few rifles.
I own a Benelli Nova 20 gauge pump action that I use for small game and fowl, a Ruger 10/22 that I mainly just shoot targets with (but sometimes I use it for squirrels) and a Ruger M77 .270 for deer. I also have a .50 black powder, but the brand name eludes me at the moment (nothing fancy, though).

I wouldn't really consider them weapons, though. They're all locked away, so if someone breaks in to my house I'm not going to have a chance to get at them (and honestly I don't think it's right to kill someone over physical possessions anyway).

Also, I have an assortment of knives that I use when hunting or fishing. My current one is a Browning, but I don't remember the model. It has a bone saw and a regular blade with a guthook. It's really nice.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I've got a coupla firearms. A Mossberg 500, a Winchester .243, and a Tikka .300 Win Mag for hunting. Couple ARs. Then a Sig 229, Dan Wesson 1911, CZ 75, Uberti .45 Long Colt for other stuff. Thinking another 1911 next, maybe a Les Baer.

EDIT - Ah and a Hoyt bow. More often than not I hunt with that, nowadays.
Last edited by stratman7 at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by CaptDin
Isn't that one of those sticks with the little bead things inside that when you turn it it sounds like rain?

No, it is an eskrima stick, i thought they looked like a bit of a joke until i tried one out, i would imagine it could do some decent damage, they are usually made of rattan, which is durable, but pretty light.
WHOMP

I used an Anvil Arms lower. At the time they were doing free custom laser engravings with purchases of lowers.

...why did the picture disappear? I had to redo the tags...
Last edited by chamisul at Apr 23, 2011,