ive been interested in building since fall of 08', about 10 months ago i started to get set up with my own workspace in my house and now my shop is pretty well stocked with tools. my previous build was a rhoads guitar (in my sig) but i made several mistakes and decided to scrap that project.

since ive gotten set up about 10 months ago ive tried to make 6 or 7 necks and one other body. i have yet to make a complete neck have come very close and i feel like i am ready to breakthrough. ive made strides and am confident i can complete a neck. the one with the rosewood fretboard i almost finished, but i messed up carving it and i went into the truss rod channel. i may try to recut it and make it with scarf joint headstock.

the one without the fretboard i will try and use for the my current build. i will have to recut the headstock where the tuners are because theyre out of alignment, but i have a way to fix it up.

the body is my second and its shaping up.

-david
Last edited by necroscience13 at Mar 5, 2011,
Damn, i was looking forward to seeing that rhodes guitar finished. Anyway, good luck with this build, it looks interesting..
Quite the intriguing shape
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
almost finished. i am going to have to take it to a luthier to get it fretted and crowned and also i need a nut made. i dont have the tools at this point to do those two things. i just have to sand it, wire it, clean it up a bit, and then finish it and i will have completed it. i should have sound clips in a couple of weeks. this was a very difficult endeavor but i feel like im getting better even though i have a long ways to go. i may make a thread to document my continuous build efforts. cheers!

-David

Last edited by necroscience13 at Jun 3, 2011,
That headstock is (imo) 1 too thin and will probably break and 2 doesnt really match the body at all.

edit: Why the back route, if theres a pickgaurd?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
That headstock is (imo) 1 too thin and will probably break and 2 doesnt really match the body at all.

edit: Why the back route, if theres a pickgaurd?
the headstock i believe will hold up because the volute is very thick. im not worried about it breaking. i originally had a telecaster headstock but modified it. also, the reason for the back plate is the router slipped and took a huge bite out of the back. basically it is a cover for a mistake. although one good thing is i dont have to take the pick guard off when i want to mess around with the electronics.