Page 3 of 3
doesnt anyone ever use the search function.... this has been happening for some years it may have slowed ...so yeah get it happening
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
if everyone will participate with some sort of reply to each thread it will encourage others to post and reply. lots of participation on every ones part will surely liven up the forum.
I have an idea...I do not mean to be offensive or anything and I am not saying this ALwAYS happens, it is just personal experience.

However I posted a thread asking nicely for help on a strumming pattern, which I did not get. I got a reply saying I should work it out for myself and it "isnt that hard to work it out"

No offence but if you just tell people to work things out for themselves like that, they are much less likely to ask for help again or post again in the future. Some questions may seem stupid or obvious but help them anyway even if it is something that should be basic, not everyone is that fast at picking up things.
Quote by somerandom92
I have an idea...I do not mean to be offensive or anything and I am not saying this ALwAYS happens, it is just personal experience.

However I posted a thread asking nicely for help on a strumming pattern, which I did not get. I got a reply saying I should work it out for myself and it "isnt that hard to work it out"

No offence but if you just tell people to work things out for themselves like that, they are much less likely to ask for help again or post again in the future. Some questions may seem stupid or obvious but help them anyway even if it is something that should be basic, not everyone is that fast at picking up things.

This is a great point. No one likes asking for help and getting a smart ass remark

+1
Yeah I asked for help when I was really new here and I got told to learn it myself too. Of course I'm way better now, but still. People aren't asking for help if they don't need it.
I think the asking for help & getting shit back for your trouble, SUX.
Having said that I suppose that after a few years of hearing EXACTLY the same NEWBIE questions it does get tiresome. My way of dealing with that is to just NOT COMMENT. That sounds like good advice though the intrepid NEWBIE when he/she doesnt get an answer they start posting in other forums (i.e. In a forum that someone is asking for data on their guitar, some newbie asks "Oh I have one of those guitars but cant get my strumming pattern right" can someone help me, then they should expect to get told where to go.
The main problem is that when most of us get a couple of years experiance , we stop coming in here. Thinking WE KNOW IT ALL NOW..... so who is left to help newbies but other semi-newbies with attitude (oh & 15 years old) This is MY experiance in UG after 6 years & my visits are infrequent now days. Only cause there is NOTHING NEW HAPPENING IN HERE Sorry I should say same shit different day....
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Page 3 of 3