Page 5 of 538
Quote by piratemetalhead
time for debate: what country has the largest percentage of strong, ripped motherfvckers?

i'm betting on russia or mongolia

I spoke to (an absolutely tanked) guy from poland at the gym before, he says weight lifting is part of their curriculum (I'm talking bench press, deadlifts, squats, olympic lifts etc.) from the age of 14. I would think Poland would at least feature on that list.
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I agree with Poland.

Lots of yolked guys, or at the very least super fit guys, over there.

Other than that, I wouldn't doubt America would be somewhere high simply because of the size and population of the country.

And the fact that our culture presses being fit and muscle bound and lean so hard.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
yo guys, I have a question:

So in addition to increasing my workout load in the last week, I've gone jogging on off days. I stepped on the scale today and discovered I've gained 2 kilos since last week, without having any diet changes.

How is this possible? Keep in mind I'm trying to LOSE weight and have been eating 500 cals under my recommended amount.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yo guys, I have a question:

So in addition to increasing my workout load in the last week, I've gone jogging on off days. I stepped on the scale today and discovered I've gained 2 kilos since last week, without having any diet changes.

How is this possible? Keep in mind I'm trying to LOSE weight and have been eating 500 cals under my recommended amount.

If you want to build muscle you're gonna have to gain weight
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
If you want to build muscle you're gonna have to gain weight

but how is it possible that I'm gaining so much weight if I'm eating a lower-calorie diet?
Seconded.

Also, don't worry so much about the weight.

Start weighing once a month, don't get too caught up in numbers. That's the fastest way to get discouraged and off course.

Just stay consistent, keep going to the gym, keep running, keep the diet right, and eventually you'll see results

Use the numbers more to keep track of your progress, not a check up to see if it's working.
Quote by CoreysMonster
but how is it possible that I'm gaining so much weight if I'm eating a lower-calorie diet?

Beats me. Bodies are a strange thing. Are you sure the scale is correct, you weighed yourself at a regular time (ie just before breakfast and after bathroom or something like that), you didn't eat anything before, you're not drinking crazy amounts of water etc.

I think it's much easier gaining weight when you're lifting weights as well.
Quote by Kensai
Beats me. Bodies are a strange thing. Are you sure the scale is correct, you weighed yourself at a regular time (ie just before breakfast and after bathroom or something like that), you didn't eat anything before, you're not drinking crazy amounts of water etc.

I think it's much easier gaining weight when you're lifting weights as well.

whoops, I forgot I drank about a liter of water this morning
I've been working too much and am not thinking straight.

Still, I suppose I'll just check every other week or so instead. I mean, I've definately not gained any flab weight, so I guess it's all good
Quote by CoreysMonster

Because the human body is funky like that.

You'll lose a pound after you shit, you'll gain two pounds after you eat, you'll stay the same for a few days and then all of sudden gain or lose a couple of pounds.

The less time between weigh ins, the more of a drastic result you'll get.

Because you're weighing more of daily activity/bodily functions, vs if you've actually gained or lost weight.

Focus more on body composition and how you're feeling vs you're actual weight.

Body weight is a funny thing, and it changes a lot based on a lot of different factors.

Weigh in every week, two weeks, or monthly. Do this at the same time, and the same daily routine *before you eat, after you shit, before a shower, ect ect* and then you'll be able to get a more accurate read out on your progress
You could always just not weigh yourself and just use the mirror.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by CoreysMonster
whoops, I forgot I drank about a liter of water this morning
I've been working too much and am not thinking straight.

Still, I suppose I'll just check every other week or so instead. I mean, I've definately not gained any flab weight, so I guess it's all good

Happens easy.

I check every time I'm at the gym, but that's more because I have something to do between sets. I only really note the weight once per week, but even then you have to take it with a grain of salt.
Quote by CodySG
Because the human body is funky like that.

You'll lose a pound after you shit, you'll gain two pounds after you eat, you'll stay the same for a few days and then all of sudden gain or lose a couple of pounds.

The less time between weigh ins, the more of a drastic result you'll get.

Because you're weighing more of daily activity/bodily functions, vs if you've actually gained or lost weight.

Focus more on body composition and how you're feeling vs you're actual weight.

Body weight is a funny thing, and it changes a lot based on a lot of different factors.

Weigh in every week, two weeks, or monthly. Do this at the same time, and the same daily routine *before you eat, after you shit, before a shower, ect ect* and then you'll be able to get a more accurate read out on your progress

okay man, thanks.

And thanks to Kensai, too
Quote by jambi_mantra
You could always just not weigh yourself and just use the mirror.

I still don't see any visual differences, if it wasn't for the scale and knowing I keep increasing my lifting I wouldn't know.
@corey
http://www.gethenchnow.com/prescription-for-fat-loss/

Be more concerned with the way you look in the mirror (or in pictures) and your waist size rather than with your total body weight in the scale as such measurement does not distinguish between the amount of fat and muscle that you have.
Most of the time, the trainees asking the questions tell me that they need to lose anywhere between 20-40 pounds. However, I would not be nearly as concerned with the weight as I would be with the way you look in the mirror and your waist size. The reason for that is the fact that as you begin your weight training you will start gaining muscle mass.

As you gain muscle mass you will put weight on. So what will happen here is that while your scale will tell you that you are still overweight and that your weight is not moving, you are actually making progress as you are losing fat and gaining muscle.

Therefore, just concern yourself with the way you look (pictures are a great way to track this) and stop obsessing about your weight.

I know the guys already covered this but whatevs
Quote by _me_
My friend is the Scottish junior national champion. From what I've seen, he does a lot of kettlebell work, bag work and cleans.

Yeah I don't have access to a heavy bag right now which sucks. Thanks for your response.
Quote by piratemetalhead
time for debate: what country has the largest percentage of strong, ripped motherfvckers?

i'm betting on russia or mongolia

I would bet Israel would be up there. Everyone, men and women, have to serve at some point and the IDF is intense.

I'm going to re-post my question in case anyone else could give me their opinion.
Quote by Baba O'Riley
So I'm going back to karate in about 6-8 weeks and I think it's time to focus more on conditioning so I'm ready to go back. I've been doing some conditioning and low intensity cardio for months but I haven't done that much because I've been focusing on strength. I'm thinking about 2 brief conditioning sessions a week using bodyweight exercises and medicine ball exercises, some kettlebell training and some sprinting. Anybody have experience or opinions on the best way to get your conditioning up?
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
waaaay off topic:

how do i change my forum avatar to a different one? (the steelers one)
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
^control panel -> edit avatar
Quote by Baba O'Riley
Yeah I don't have access to a heavy bag right now which sucks. Thanks for your response.

I would bet Israel would be up there. Everyone, men and women, have to serve at some point and the IDF is intense.

I'm going to re-post my question in case anyone else could give me their opinion.

For conditioning, i use the hell week approach.
That is.
Warm up: 1 mile jog.
10 100 yard sprints.
Lunges for 100 yards at a time
Stadiums
Suicides, going out to 40 yards.
2 mile cool down. (try for a 7:30 pace)

Something like that. Done for 5 days at a time: too much more and you'll start to burn out.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by CG Man16
^control panel -> edit avatar

duuuur

thanks. I kept going to my profile to change it and couldnt find it...

EDIT: I think the pic goes good with my user title
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Last edited by kadinh at Mar 18, 2011,
^What are stadiums?
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Like the bleachers at a high school football field. Up the stairs, down the stairs, over, up the stairs, down the stairs, repeat however long you want to. Really killer exercise.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
^Those would be death.

Yeah unfortunately I don't really have a suitable area to do that drill exactly but I'll take inspiration from it. Thanks for the advice.
Personal record on squats today, a full set of six reps with 120kg. Looking forward to not being able to walk the next few days :p Feels good, dude.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
^ Good stuff man

I'm making bacon-wrapped porkchops. I feel like such a fatty...
Congrats indeed !

And ^ it could be worse...you could be making bacon wrapped bacon

I more or less did earlier

I got nearly a pound of bacon that expired yesterday that I discovered today, so I'm trying to eat it all.

On a related note, is uncooked bacon any dangerous?
You can get tapeworms/salmonella. You decide
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Well I'm feeling lucky...

No I mean I won't eat it raw, but just lightly fried should be fine right? I hate crispy bacon, only eat it soft.
It'd probably be okay, but it should at least have some crispy parts. Crispy bacon's good brah. Bacon that breaks into millions of pieces when you bite it is not.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by Kensai
Well I'm feeling lucky...

No I mean I won't eat it raw, but just lightly fried should be fine right? I hate crispy bacon, only eat it soft.

EASY way to do this is set your oven to 400 F and put the bacon in there for ~16 min. bacon comes out cooked, not too crispy, but super tasty. i consider myself a bacon connoisseur...
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

For dinner last night one of my friends made pizza with extra bacon and cheese on top and then cheeseburger wrapped in bacon on top of that.

I also found out that a friend of a friend ate so much meat that he had severe chest pains and had to go to the hospital where he found out that his heart rate had gone up to 140.

In the old thread a few months ago, I went on this rant about how I find that I know a lot of young men who eat way too much meat. It's incidents like this that made me go on that rant.

EDIT: Actually now that I think of it, two nights ago another one of friends ate an entire packet of bacon for dinner. I'm beginning to sense some problems here.
Last edited by Baba O'Riley at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by CG Man16
It'd probably be okay, but it should at least have some crispy parts. Crispy bacon's good brah. Bacon that breaks into millions of pieces when you bite it is not.

Yeah it's a bit crispy and got some colour. Close enough for me.

Oh and it tastes amazing. I'm gonna bacon-wrap everything from now on. Even bacon.

Quote by kadinh
EASY way to do this is set your oven to 400 F and put the bacon in there for ~16 min. bacon comes out cooked, not too crispy, but super tasty. i consider myself a bacon connoisseur...

Ah, that could work. I could always wrap around it afterwards

Quote by Baba O'Riley
For dinner last night one of my friends made pizza with extra bacon and cheese on top and then cheeseburger wrapped in bacon on top of that.

I also found out that a friend of a friend ate so much meat that he had severe chest pains and had to go to the hospital where he found out that his heart rate had gone up to 140.

In the old thread a few months ago, I went on this rant about how I find that I know a lot of young men who eat way too much meat. It's incidents like this that made me go on that rant.

How much is too much? You probably wouldn't like how much I eat
^Let's put it this way. They spent literally just under $1000 on this meal.
You talking about the guys from epicmealtime?
^My first thought as well
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
^Yup. Though I'm back to there's something deeply offensive to me about eating to the point where you become hospitalized.
you're friends with those ppl?!?!
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

^No I've got a lot of friends who eat terribly (hence my multiple bacon stories) and then some of friends of friends who were involved in some epicmealtime stuff.
So after recently going to the doctor I asked about my small range of motion for my ankle joint, and they explained to me the reason for my severely reduced mobility. If you look at the picture below you see how the Talus is rounded and that would allow the above Tibia to move relatively easily? So apparently my Talus is flat as hell. And thats why I can't squat or deadlift at all. She said they might be able to fix this by shaping my Talus a bit. This also explains why stretching never did anything for me. Just thought I shared with you guys.