Does mxr m-108 equalizer work on the 18v dc power supply? Cause i wanna buy the item but it says that it runs on the 18v ac while my power supply brick is t-rex chameleon and i think it only give 18v dc not ac. Thanks any comment would be appreciated
Last edited by joshjoel92 at Mar 15, 2011,
Yes the MXR M-108 will work with an 18v DC input, I power mine through the Dunlop DC brick. Just check the polarity of the input from the TRex power supply though (I'm not familiar with it).
You can check out the manual at ;

http://www.jimdunlop.com/files/manuals/M10810-BandGraphicEQManual.pdf

It says to use the DC brick with it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine with any 18V DC input (I don't think they'd recommend another manufacturers product!) and make sure the polarity matches.

Hope that helps!
That helps a lot. U just answered all of my questions in my head man. Hahaha cheers!
I just checked the adapter that came with mine, it's 18v DC.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
alright thats cool. how bout t-rex classic pedal power supply? it has 8 inputs of 9 volt DCs. is it possible for me to connect it into to inputs of 9 volt DCs to the mxr m-108? cause if the pedal needs 18volts that means 2 of 9 volts should work right? thanks
Quote by joshjoel92
alright thats cool. how bout t-rex classic pedal power supply? it has 8 inputs of 9 volt DCs. is it possible for me to connect it into to inputs of 9 volt DCs to the mxr m-108? cause if the pedal needs 18volts that means 2 of 9 volts should work right? thanks

I could be wrong but you don't want to use 9v on the pedal nor will you be able to take two outputs to create 18v. At least it wouldn't be worth getting a splice power cable over a 18v power supply.