I'm planning on switching the stock speakers out of my Bugera 6262 2x12 combo. I have no clue where to start looking in terms of new speakers though.

I like guys like: Annihilator, Cynic, Death, Trivium, Judas Priest, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, and obviously Megadeth, Pantera and Venom

I also like Joe Pass, Pat Metheny, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, and others

I mainly listen to and play metal but I still listen to and play (the latter as more for fun or on the side) many other genres. I DO draw influence in playing and tone from genres like Jazz and Hardcore Punk.

I'd just like to say if I could get the voicing of my clean tones anywhere close to the cleans in Cynic's "Textures" I'd be very happy. I kind of like more of a "pop" in my cleans. Hope that made sense. I mainly use cleans for Jazz playing and playing clean passages in my metal.

So I do play a lot of metal. Main genres of metal being: Thrash, Heavy (or whatever you'd classify Priest and Venom as), and OLDSCHOOL death metal. but both stylistically (in regards to my playing) and tonally I still use a lot of elements of Jazz, Hardcore Punk (think Suicidal Tendencies), Marty Friedman-esque J-Pop (minimally), and hard rock (AC/DC, Loudness, ect.).

And before anyone mentions I know I made a speaker thread a few days ago but I'm strictly looking into Eminence atm due to price and quality.

I've been looking at

The Governor (along with most of the Redcoat Series)
Black Powder (I think that's what it's called)
Texas Heat
Swamp Thang

Thanks in advance!
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Eminence Redcoat The Wizard looks like it might have your sound. Very high sensitivity, many bangs per watt. Make sure to match your pair's impedance to your amp and wiring; ie. if an 8 ohm amp, two 16 ohms in parallel or two 4s in series.

I get my drivers from parts-express.com
Besides good prices, they have excellent customer service including tech advice, and a user forum with lots of experts and audio freaks, who would be glad to argue minutia incessantly for your entertainment. It's what we do.
Quote by drmcclainphd
Eminence Redcoat The Wizard looks like it might have your sound. Very high sensitivity, many bangs per watt. Make sure to match your pair's impedance to your amp and wiring; ie. if an 8 ohm amp, two 16 ohms in parallel or two 4s in series.

I get my drivers from parts-express.com
Besides good prices, they have excellent customer service including tech advice, and a user forum with lots of experts and audio freaks, who would be glad to argue minutia incessantly for your entertainment. It's what we do.

Funny. I've had the swamp thang and texas heaet recommended to me ridiculously but I've always felt something redcoat in series would suit me.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
ttt
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Funny. I've had the swamp thang and texas heaet recommended to me ridiculously but I've always felt something redcoat in series would suit me.

Same happened to me. I'd be saving up for some Redcoats now but I keep finding things in P.E.'s manufacturer buy-outs. I'm getting four 8" Peavys for $15 each. As soon as they run out of good surplus stuff I'll get some.
Listen to the sound samples. Eminence posts good sound samples.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
I don't think you can go by just sound samples, there are so many things that go into the tone of them, it'd just be near impossible, you'd literally need to try each one in your amp to really hear a difference.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss