Here's a preview of the newest Headcase Builds (Beta) - the Amp is just the shell - knobs, etc are not there yet... It's almost ready for release - as a pre-purchaser I have access to the beta forums - Ken says it's almost ready - there will be a freeware version also but pre-purchase is $26 for the full deal with lots of heads, effects, stomps - the new heads (skull job and mahakali) are fantastic high-gain beauties - the new speaker/cab section is great with loads of options

New stomps pedalboard preview - Completely new and streamlined - looks awesome

Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Mar 15, 2011,
As you might remember, I'm only able to use AU plugs, but I must say the pedal GUI looks amazing
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Hah.

Gonad.
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
Here guys, take the last beta for a test drive..

Install this
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Setups/Head%20Case%201.01%20DEMO%20BETA-Setup.rar

then copy this updated DLL to the folder...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Setups/Head%20Case%201.01%20DEMO%20R1.rar

If you have any trouble just ask, also note this version has the old GUI, the one pictured above is the new one
Hehe... I was going to give you hell for posting the dropbox links, and then realized it was you.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by JohnnyMcFly
Here guys, take the last beta for a test drive..

Install this
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Setups/Head%20Case%201.01%20DEMO%20BETA-Setup.rar

then copy this updated DLL to the folder...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Setups/Head%20Case%201.01%20DEMO%20R1.rar

If you have any trouble just ask, also note this version has the old GUI, the one pictured above is the new one

Wait... the beta is open for everyone now?
No just a few select forums we like...
Thats an old beta anyways, and is the freeware version of it. In the next few days the pre-purchase group will be getting the first roll out of the entire package, including the building portion that allows you to create your own heads, and the full suite including the updated iFace 1.08. I may even be able to get the singles portion of it in there as well. The singles portion is the stand alone heads, effects, stomps, and Cabs...
We're just trying to work through some windows path issues ATM...
Last edited by JohnnyMcFly at Apr 6, 2011,
The Builder thing is amazing - some of the heads the guys in the pre-purchaser forums are making with it are outtasite!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Monday is the day for that too strange. I am 90% sure we'll have he suite done too with the new iFace 1.08 built in...
Here's a sneak peak at it..

That Blue vendetta head was made by Amit Talwar, and yes you're right, I am impressed at what these guys are making. Rockaxe has a few really nice heads too, His tweedle head is awesome, as is his munch mallow.

I want to take this opportunity to explain a few things about head case...

We had a lot of conversations about whether people with no VST design experience would be able to make heads, and in the end we decided that if we eliminated all the technical details, and forced people to rely on their ear, they would be able to. So the challenge was to design an interface that allowed people to do that without feeling overwhelmed. Lets face it, there is a lot of parameters that go into one of these heads, so how do you display it all and not have the user feel like WTF does that do? So, we relied heavily on familiar terms and simple rules.

Head Case builder can be broken down into 3 categories, Dynamics, Tone, and interactions.
Dynamics deals with the tube code selected, and the amount of gain applied
Tone deals with the tonestack and cutoffs and an the mixture amount.
Interactions deals with the combination of the two.
If you want your bass knob to function between 80 and 120hz, then you set its cutoffs to between 80 and 120 hz. There is other options for that, but thats basically what you do.
So, you want a high gain head, but it sounds like a big muff? This is where you look at the interactions of tone and dynamics and apply one of the rules.
BASS into dynamics = BIG MUFF Tone
Simple, now you know why your high gain sound is flabby, simply adjust the cutoff before the dynamic portion to remove some of the lower frequencies, it could be the gain stage or the poweramp, both have tubes..

The other challenge was, once you have created your amp head, well now you might want to share it with others. So how do we allow you an easy way of doing that?

What we did was wrote some software that will take a snapshot of the head you've designed, and then package it up. This particular function is called Freud. What Freud does is take all the graphic files, and all other required elements that head case needs and places them inside the snapshot image. Here's an example..

That image above contains all the elements needed to put a head into the head case. So those of you who have Head Case, could right click on the image, select save as, and then install that image into head case. Once the image is installed, it functions just like any other head would. It gets added to the available heads menu and you can use it. To install it, all you do is drag and drop the image onto the head case icon. Head Case handles everything else..
Last edited by JohnnyMcFly at Apr 9, 2011,
Cool. I'll really have to try these when I get around to actually recording anything again. At the rate I'm going, it will probably be July.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.