Page 1 of 2
Is on Thursday! My internet is being an ass, so forgive me if there is already a thread for this green Irish holiday, and please lead me to it

Anyone got some sweet plans for it? I just plan on drinking green beer with a lass who is of Irish descent, and I wanna make a St. Patrick's related mix CD, but I can't think of enough songs.

Alkaline Trio - Jaked on Green Beers
Flogging Molly - Anything :P
Stiff Little Fingers
Maybe a little Enya, haha
The Cranberries
Van Morrison

Preferably would like more of a rock kinda vibe, but I don't really mind too much. Anyone in the know, tell me which of these bands have songs specifically about Ireland/drinking beer/leprechauns etc.
inb4 1/8th irish people.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
It's not really celebrated here, but I'm gonna see if I can find any lovely irish girls at the exchange student pub.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Don't think I am doing anything this year
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by trueamerican
Dropkick Murphy's

How could I forget them! Most excellent, I shall add them to my playlist.

Kensai, you should do that, I find Irish girls to be very cool most of the time. If you can find one with luscious red hair, plus 20 points! Unless you aren't into red hair. In which case, sorry about your choice of sexuality :P

It's not really celebrated here either, I'd love to go to the New York parade they have every year, and go check out that river in (Chicago is it?) that they dye green. I had an ex who was a McEnery, and amazingly enough our anniversary was on St. Paddy's, so we always celebrated it.
Thin Lizzy, anyone?...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
I think I'm going to take it a bit easy this year. Might chill at home with some mates and head out to a party late enough.
Paddy's Day in Ireland sucks, last year I got arrested walking out the door of a pub for absolutely no reason. Took me the next 5 days of going in twice a day asking why they had arrested me for them to drop the "warning", still not giving me a reason for taking me back there.
For once, I'd love to see them picking on the scumbags who are everywhere, clearly taking drugs.

I wanna go to Boston or New York in future for Paddy's Day.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
i intendgo see stiff little fingers if its not sold out that night then i will go see mychildren mybride since a local band is supporting that are awesome and i inted to get very very drunk xD
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
All these bands, ADDEDDEDEDDD to mah list! St Paddy's in Ireland sucks?! Maybe you're doing it wrong, man :P

All my proper drinking buddies are about an hour and a half away, so all I gots is me Irish lass Should still be cool though, hopefully there are some bars here doing something cool for it. The town I'm in sucks for this type of thing, I miss my old town. I still have a cool Guinness hat from then, went to go watch a local punk band and drink pints o' the black stuff
Paddy's day is a joke
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Paddy's day is a joke

I enjoy jokes.

Is this the correlation I'm supposed to make? Makes sense to me
Will probably go out tomorrow night since I have Thursday off. Not sure if I'm arsed going out for actual paddy's day. I do love to draw shamrocks on my face though
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by katphish
I enjoy jokes.

If you want.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by katphish
I enjoy jokes.

Yeah it's right. Don't worry about him, he's a boring sod.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah it's right. Don't worry about him, he's a boring sod.

Because I don't go out on a day that has nothing to do with the country I'm from, and get steaming drunk, because I can do it any other day of the year and not have to deal with crowds, cunts and over pricing? I can take that

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
stuff I didn't read

Good for you dude! You get that scholarship!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Good for you dude! You get that scholarship!

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
im actually irish.everybody love me!
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by jambi_mantra

You know I love you Jambi.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

You know I love you Jambi.

Awwwh shucks. I love you too you crazy Canadian

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
But it is only on that day where I can make my beer green and not have people look at me funny! Actually, they'll probably look at me funny anyway... Also one of the few days where I go out of my way to drink Guinness, so damn tasty, but so damn expensive down here
Quote by katphish
But it is only on that day where I can make my beer green and not have people look at me funny! Actually, they'll probably look at me funny anyway... Also one of the few days where I go out of my way to drink Guinness, so damn tasty, but so damn expensive down here

But it's still expensive, why not have it when you want rather than feeling like you have to drink it? Even more so if it's expensive I just think the whole thing is stupid. I'll be out Thursday, but because it's student night and I can get $10 jugs of house beer. Sod off am I paying $12 for a pint of Guinness that doesn't taste like Guinness

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Das Turnip
The Pogues?

im gonna get on the train to glasgow drunk in the afternoon now and blare pogues i think totally forgot bout doing that.

thank god im not designated driver that day.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Quote by jambi_mantra
But it's still expensive, why not have it when you want rather than feeling like you have to drink it? Even more so if it's expensive I just think the whole thing is stupid. I'll be out Thursday, but because it's student night and I can get $10 jugs of house beer. Sod off am I paying $12 for a pint of Guinness that doesn't taste like Guinness

Haha, well I do drink it every so often when it tickles my fancy, but St. Paddy's is just one of those days where I make sure I get myself a 4-pack of the stuff and savour it as if I had a ginger beard and leprechauns in my closet I only get 4 of them, finish those up and then carry on drinking what I usually drink.

$10 dollar jugs of beer sounds mighty enticing as well! What is teh house beer, something they make themselves or what?
Quote by katphish
Haha, well I do drink it every so often when it tickles my fancy, but St. Paddy's is just one of those days where I make sure I get myself a 4-pack of the stuff and savour it as if I had a ginger beard and leprechauns in my closet I only get 4 of them, finish those up and then carry on drinking what I usually drink.

$10 dollar jugs of beer sounds mighty enticing as well! What is teh house beer, something they make themselves or what?

I'll let you off because that made me laugh

Apparently they make it themselves. It tastes as standard as any other Aussie beer (Carlton draught/Boags etc) so works out pretty well.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
I'll let you off because that made me laugh

Apparently they make it themselves. It tastes as standard as any other Aussie beer (Carlton draught/Boags etc) so works out pretty well.

What if they pee in it or something?! I wonder how they control the alcohol percentage in homebrew beer? Do you think you get a hectic batch and get pissed beyond recognition by mistake?
I'm going to be at work, on my own, with a bunch of arseholes coming in asking if we do Guinness or Jameson's. The answer is no, we ****ing don't.

Quote by katphish
What if they pee in it or something?! I wonder how they control the alcohol percentage in homebrew beer? Do you think you get a hectic batch and get pissed beyond recognition by mistake?

It depends how much sugar is released from the mashing of the malt. Around 5kg of malt in a 25 litre brew will give you a beer of around 4.1%. It also depends on the quality of yeast as better yeast equals higher alcohol content (usually). Of course, you can always add brewing sugar and leave it to ferment for longer in order to increase the ABV of your beer.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Last edited by Ed Hunter at Mar 15, 2011,
Elvis Costello
The Pogues
Dropkick Murphys

Also, in Israel St. Paddy's coincides with the start of Purim this year, two holidays which require drinking until you pass out (seriously, Purim requires drinking until you don't know good from bad. It says so in the Bible). I'm expecting some liver failure on my part, since it's the first Purim in which I'm legal.
Last edited by jimmyled at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by katphish

Well, you deal with it because it's only 5 bucks a pint compared to 8+ for other beers and it gets you drunk the same. I doubt it, it's probably pretty regulated.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Because I don't go out on a day that has nothing to do with the country I'm from, and get steaming drunk, because I can do it any other day of the year and not have to deal with crowds, c**ts and over pricing? I can take that

This guy's got his shit together.

Being Irish I feel no shame in saying St.Patricks day is a joke. And not because it's fun or it makes you laugh. Why the **** would I look forward to wading through crowds of ridiculously drunk assholes, to become a ridiculously drunk asshole, when , if I was so inclined, I could do it any other day of the year, minus the crowds, bullshit fiddle-dee-****ing-dee-tastic shit music. Facepainting? Novelty hats? Bart simpson Póg Mo Hón T-shirts and brainless inbred chavs?

Also to those clearly-not-Irish guys talking about the Irish "Lasses" (Who the **** says Lass?? Wrong country lads.) from my experience 90% percent of Irish girls are ****ing Idiots.
Quote by shmeegle

Being Irish I feel no shame in saying St.Patricks day is a joke. And not because it's fun or it makes you laugh. Why the **** would I look forward to wading through crowds of ridiculously drunk assholes, to become a ridiculously drunk asshole, when , if I was so inclined, I could do it any other day of the year, minus the crowds, bullshit fiddle-dee-****ing-dee-tastic shit music. Facepainting? Novelty hats? Bart simpson Póg Mo Hón T-shirts and brainless inbred chavs?

Also to those clearly-not-Irish guys talking about the Irish "Lasses" (Who the **** says Lass?? Wrong country lads.) from my experience 90% percent of Irish girls are ****ing Idiots.

Haha, I think this is one of those things where outsiders enjoy it more than the people who it's supposed to be for. I'm not Irish, but I'll be as Irish as I want, dammit! And if that means I'll be callin' girls lasses, drinkin' green beer an' Guinness, and dreamin' o' potatoes then don't ye be spoilin' me dreams!

Actually, my town is so small, there aren't crowds at all, let alone crowds of assholes

I think the idiotness of a girl doesn't matter where they hail from, but I was just trying to be nice

If we could trade places for St Paddy's we'd probably have a good time. South Africa has good beer, you could try them all out
Last edited by katphish at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by KTFM
PUB CRAWL THROUGH THE IRISH BARS!!!!
Yay! Sorry, I'm just excited because it's gonna be the first St. Paddy's day where I'll actually be doing something.

I was so keen for Unibar and PJ's, but I have work later that night, was absolutely devastated when I found out :'( I'm still going to UniBar, I just might be a bit sloppy when working...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
don't think I'll do owt for it, bit cringey when English people get mad fer it IMO. I do enjoy a Guinness though, just don't need an excuse to have one.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by jambi_mantra
Because I don't go out on a day that has nothing to do with the country I'm from, and get steaming drunk, because I can do it any other day of the year and not have to deal with crowds, cunts and over pricing? I can take that

You must be a real hoot at Christmas.
Quote by shmeegle

oh calm down, it's just an excuse to drink
even getting paid at the end of the week is an excuse to drink in Ireland. Yea it's totally bullshit really, i couldn't care less about some french geezer who managed to scare away a few snakes
but for most people it's just a bit of fun,
for me it means £1 a pint for guinness at a local pub.

EDIT:
as for irish girls being stupid, i think most people in the UK would apply that to the men too
Last edited by imthehitcher at Mar 15, 2011,
Page 1 of 2