Hey, i've been looking at spector 5 string basses. Someone is trying to sell this one, and all he's described it as is a spector 5 string bass. At first i thaught it was a spector legend 5, but they dont do them in this colour and and have SDD pickups, not HZ's. Unless he fittest the pups himself. He says its new and only been played 4 times. Im considering ordering blind, without playing, because i do have great faith in spector basses, having played many of the 4 string models. I cant find any 5 string models in my area.

My only question is is this a real spector, and if so, what model?

I had a legend 4 in that same trans-black finish and black hardware bridge and tuners... but i don't remember what the pickups on it were...

i got mine used... maybe it was an anniversary/artist/'special' edition model.... maybe it wasn't even a Legend 4 like i thought it was...

Sorry, my knowledge of Spectors isn't too great at all.

Here's a blurry cell-phone pic of mine:

"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at Mar 15, 2011,
Yeah, if mine was the same thing, i spent $250 on it, and returned it a few weeks later.

It sounded ooook. Not good, but not the worst bass ever. It had a serious neck bow, so i returned it.

It WAS bad enough, however, that i've never tried another Spector or Warwick style bass...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Cb4rabid
Its the passive EMGs you guys, I preach against them all the time.

Shame, I quite like what fitting passive EMGs did to my J.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
You shut your w-....

But srsly guys, EMG Hz are such crap. Leave Behringer out of this!

pinga
you could always pick it up and swap out the crap hz pups for some actual emgs. then it would really sing
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.