Hi

I'm looking to buy a new OD or DS pedal the thing i want to achieve is a tone like gilbert has. I play jackson kingV trough a marshall haze 40watts combo. also maybe in combination with my satchurator or tubescreamer (808) and my boss cs3 pedal? Or should i get an equalizer first?

thanx in advance
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Yamaha self customized EG012
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
maybe this could help? click
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by guitardWARf
Hi

I'm looking to buy a new OD or DS pedal the thing i want to achieve is a tone like gilbert has. I play jackson kingV trough a marshall haze 40watts combo. also maybe in combination with my satchurator or tubescreamer (808) and my boss cs3 pedal? Or should i get an equalizer first?

thanx in advance

I would say try a tube screamer and turn the tone way more towards the treble side. Gilbert has a pretty treble-filled ratty tone. Laney amps are perfect for ripping them off.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm pretty sure Ibanez sells a pedal called 'Fuzz Universe' that mimics his sound on the album of the same name.

EDIT: It's Majikbox who make it, and it's pricey, at $280.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Last edited by cptcomet at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by cptcomet
I'm pretty sure Ibanez sells a pedal called 'Fuzz Universe' that mimics his sound on the album of the same name.

That would be Majik Box, apparently. Ibanez makes his signature flanger.
Quote by Holy Katana
That would be Majik Box, apparently. Ibanez makes his signature flanger.

Beat me to the edit!

I'd suggest having a look at the Big Muff pedals. I'm not the greatest person with tone but I think they give you a nice fuzz sound.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Last edited by cptcomet at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I would say try a tube screamer and turn the tone way more towards the treble side. Gilbert has a pretty treble-filled ratty tone. Laney amps are perfect for ripping them off.

i have a tubescreamer (homemade sounds exactly like the real thing+keeley mod :p)
but i havent really been able to get the job done with it but wil try with more treble
also maybe some eq tips please?
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by cptcomet

EDIT: It's Majikbox who make it, and it's pricey, at $280.

yeah but my expierence with signature gear is that they give you lots of good stuff except the thing you want
or maybe thats just me
Gear:
Marshall haze40
Yamaha GA15
Line 6 pod GX
Ibanez PGM301
Jackson KVX10
Boss DS1
GE 7
BD2
CS3
Vox satchurator
Home made TS808
Belcat delay
Quote by guitardWARf
i have a tubescreamer (homemade sounds exactly like the real thing+keeley mod :p)
but i havent really been able to get the job done with it but wil try with more treble
also maybe some eq tips please?

Don't add too much middle. In fact I would cut a little so you could get that metallic piercing sound.

Just use your ears and find something good
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by theogonia777
maybe this could help? click

thanks for the link i was trying to find this site again lol
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
An OD pedal and a British sounding (preferably tube) amp should seal the deal.
Quote by Holy Katana
Apparently he uses a Fulltone OCD into his Marshall. He also uses a Fulltone Soul Bender, although that's discontinued now.

Actually he goes through Laney amps...
just another Heavy Metal guitar player
Quote by zorba_the_cat
Actually he goes through Laney amps...

He hasn't used Laneys in a few years, man. Once the Marshall Vintage Modern came out, he dumped the Laneys and started using Marshalls.