I used to use 1 guitar for all tunings and had 9's on them for 2 years, since I got a new Guitar I have kept that guitar in Drop C permanently. My strings are like Spaghetti
So if I change them from 9's to 11's will I have to adjust anything?

Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
I'd say 11 is too high for drop C, but if your strings are ridiculously loose with 9s on you should be fine. I use the same strings on my guitar from standard down to drop A#. In standard they're rather tight, and in the lower tunings the top 3 strings can get a little loose, but it's perfectly playable in all tunings.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Bridge height perhaps. If you have a floating trem then there obviously will be a lot to look forward to

Otherwise, most likely not.

VÅDIT: derp, of course you'll need to intonate as well. But I really don't think you need to work the truss rod.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Mar 15, 2011,
If its drop C, not C standard, you could get a hybrid gauge. I use light tops with regular bottoms.
Quote by ethan_hanus
If your changing it permanently then you might want to do a truss rod adjustment, and re-innotate your guitar, possibly adjust the action if it needs it...basically a full set up.

intonate?

if your guitar is already set up for the same tuning with 9-42s then you'll probably need to adjust everything. if not, you probably will need to adjust intonation, and truss-rod adjustments might be required if the neck does start to bow a little, but if you haven't set the guitar up or had anyone set it up, it'll probably be set up for 9s or 10s in standard tuning so 11s in drop C might not require much adjustment.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
First set the truss rod appropriately. Then set the bridge for desired action and finally intonate the guitar. Do this whenever you change string gauges.
Most honest answer?

Probably.

But you'll have to actually do it to be certain what and how much.
so...will 10's do just the same job as the 11's?
Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
Seriously?
Use 12's for drop C.
I guess it depends what you're playing, but if you're keeping the guitar in drop C,
and you want good note definition and the ability to play quickly, you want 12's.
11's are good, but what really matters are the 3 bass strings.
I play drop C a lot, and my bottom string is a 60.
But yeah, just intonate.