im 2 years into playing guitar, and well im not really sure at what level i should be playing now, i mean i only play about 1 hour a day after i get home from school, so i based on this i wanted to ask people who are gods at guitar what stage they were in, considering they've been playing for two years.2
I've been playing for two years. I am also a god.
the fact that i'm better than slash has nothing to do with guitar playing abilities though.
Im better at the A in his Q&A
After having 700+ hours put into guitar, you should be playing at a near-virtuso level of playing.

Seriously, it doesn't matter how long you've been playing. The level you play at depends on how well you progress and your ability to adept to harder techniques as you learn them.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
If you can play as well as you feel you would want to, you're doing good.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

There's no diagram or anything about how good you should be.It's not like you get experience points for playing the guitar and can get skills when you level up. Just keep playing and you'll get better.

Quote by Basti95
I've been playing for two years. I am also a god.
the fact that i'm better than slash has nothing to do with guitar playing abilities though.
Im better at the A in his Q&A

Well that's saying jack-all.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I've been playing for 1 year and only practicing for about 2 hours a day and I am a master at sweeping, two handed tapping, I am very diverse in my playing ability I have gotten comments about my jazz blues rock metal and even country playing abilities, if you are not at my level it is not good.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
well ive been playing 2 years, i would say im at a level 4/5 ish
all maj and minor chords, power chords drop tuning chords, fair few other chords
also i know maj and min pentatonics, most major scales and a few minor ones
i can play intermediate solos and can improvise quick things over the top of others and over songs
Hi, my name is Forrest and i play the Gee-tar

Current Equipment
Vintage V300 acoustic
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender FM 212R Amp
Vintage Les Paul

Next Guitar/Amp
none....... YET
I ALSO PRODUCE CRAPPY MUSIC
Twitter?
There's no chart that shows where everyone should be after a certain amount of time. You progress as you push and challenge yourself with harder material. Some pick it up faster as well, it's just different for everybody.
I've been playing for nearly six years and I'm nowhere near the ability I'd like to be. I'm of the opinion that the moment you start to compliment yourself, you become sloppy and complacent.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by SG_dave
At two years in i was teaching Paul Gilbert how to sweep. He never quite got it down.

Haha nice.
I went to the zoo the other day, there was only one dog in it, it was a shitzu.

He who laughs last thinks slowest
I've been playing for nearly five years now, and I suck ass.

Don't worry, TS. Just enjoy playing and skill come on its own.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I've played for about 3 years and I'm shite. Then again I haven't played consistently for about 2 of them so..

That said though, I've started playing a bit more lately and I'm better than I remember.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by SG_dave
At two years in i was teaching Paul Gilbert how to sweep. He never quite got it down.

I taught him how to play with his ass.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Last edited by Scutchington at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by OhNoItsHimAgain
taught

/grammer nazi

I didn't catch that haha. Off to go correct it.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
I have learned that how long you have been playing doesn't matter so much. I've been playing for 3 years and suck simply because I don't put in very many hours of dedicated practice time. I've seem some people who have only been playing for a year or less and can play better than me.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
ive been playin for close to 6 years now, the first few are slow but you get the basics, it isnt until you appreciate the work you put in until you realize how far youve gotten from that first G chord. It feels very satisfying
Quote by Butters
Do You Know What I Am Saying?

Quote by Towelie
Thats Why towelie always says: Dont forget to bring a towel

Quote by Randall
Honey Badger Dont Give a Shit.

Amount of years playing doesn't mean fuck all if you're not actually learning anything. You must think outside your box to truly get good.

Something I've yet to do, but I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakthrough.
Dude when I had played for 2 years (Hit 2 years in January ) I looked back at the stuff I couldnt play the first year and what I could play. If the same stuff still messes you up, practice more
you're a stone fox