My amp is a Laney AOR 50 (single channel jcm 800 clone). I usually leave the gain just above halfway with my tele and clean up with my volume knob.

I need an od/boost to tighten it up and give it more balls for when I play hardcore. If this boost that I can leave on all the time and still clean up using my volume knob that is a plus.

I had a mxr wylde od that worked great, but I broke it haha. Now I've been using my fish n chips as a clean boost and that works alright, but not great and it's noisy (and I don't trust the footswitch).

$100 usd or less would be nice (I don't need anything fancy).
Bad Monkey
Hardwire Tube OD
Dano Transparent OD
Ibanez TS7
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Does the dano od have better switches than the food series (finsh n chips, etc)?

EDIT: also, the CAE boost seems cool. Anyone use that?
They're from the Cool Cat series which are metal housing so I'd infer that they have better switches.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the electro harmonix line boost is very popular and good

comes in nice and cheap too
-fender stratocaster deluxe - Mexican
-spider line 6 , 50watt 2x 12'
-ashdown fallen angel tube amplifier. 60 watt head , 130 cabinet 36RL premium duette tubes
range of effects : EHX, boss, artcore,line 6 ...
Yeah, the CC Transparent OD is a Timmy clone, or so I'm told. I haven't played one.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Yeah, the CC Transparent OD is a Timmy clone, or so I'm told. I haven't played one.

Do they still sell them? I thought there was a lawsuit because they were a Timmy clone?
yeah the older v1s (with the yellow sticker) are supposedly clones. I have one, but i haven't tried the timmy.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
MXR Micro Amp is supposed to be pretty good.

EDIT: Speaking of the Timmy, the guy who makes it lives in my area. I kinda shat myself when I found that out.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Mar 15, 2011,
I use a ZW od with my jackson dominion, it has lower output seyemour pups , and the Mk iv doesn't have the best metal tone by its self, so I just set the output to 11, and the gain to 1, tone at about 6, and it gives me just the boost I need to play metal.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Not the best comparison but this will give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma6HjVb3doM

oh yeah i mean i've listened to the comparisons online, and as far as i'm aware, when i've checked freestompboxes and other forums like that, it's very close- I just meant that I haven't tried the two head-to-head to verify for myself.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Grenade MkIV
I use a ZW od with my jackson dominion, it has lower output seyemour pups , and the Mk iv doesn't have the best metal tone by its self, so I just set the output to 11, and the gain to 1, tone at about 6, and it gives me just the boost I need to play metal.

Before the Mark V came out Mark Morton from LoG played a Dominion (his signature guitar) straight through a Mark IV - he seemed to have a pretty good metal tone. Metal isn't about gobs and gobs of gain.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Before the Mark V came out Mark Morton from LoG played a Dominion (his signature guitar) straight through a Mark IV - he seemed to have a pretty good metal tone. Metal isn't about gobs and gobs of gain.

I know, thats why I use my OD for a little extra boost, I don't use any gain on the pedal, FYI mark has always used a od for soloing, and I can't blast my amp for extra tube saturation, and mark now uses higher out put pups in most of his guitars, but the sigs still have the duncans
i think you missed your chance. samash brought back black friday prices last weeken (or i think this weekend not sure) and the ZW OD was liek $30, i bought one
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED