this i more of a poem than a song with spoken word verses with fast sung chorus its really long but dont let that stop you from reading the whole thing
C4C, of course i'll return the favor
__
An elongated silence broken by the absence of will from a vicoden induced stress,
She calls upon me with nostalgia in her voice and the smell of spiced rum eminating from her breath,
A tired process which had been repeated a hundred times before unfolded like a blanket being pulled out of an old chest,
A thousand miles away feining for burning ash on her tounge is the girl with the peacock feather on the back of her neck

Demoralized by the confiscation of her respect she walked back through the frozen streets from the tear streaked park swing,
And upon her return he promises her the world through his tobacco smeared gums while she closes her eyes too willing to believe,
A belief that love is more than just a myth and that someone in this world could be made of her,
Then when she opens her eyes he's standing there with another orange plastic vial and she tells herself that everyone makes mistakes sometimes

Oh suck it in, and blow it out
The cloud of smoke just stifled her shout
Back in the streets that light forgot about
She hopes the ash will hold her down

Down in the dimly lit room of desperate last chance romance her eyes fill with the tears of her broken heart while he lays atop performing his self proclaimed duty,
Damned by his ignorance he is unwilling to acknowlage the obvious truth that after all of his shallow hearted robbery there was nothing left to be stolen,
Stepping up from the last rotted plank on the basement steps of her depression she assures him that her life is still his as long as her words are mutual,
He pulls her close handing her the ball and chain cigarrette whispering promises of a future without white pills

Little did he know that the pain in her heart would always sting more than any line across her arm bloody knuckles taking on more meaning than any game we played,
Verbally restrained in a tounge tight straight jacket word emargo she can't reward herself a single self respecting defensive manuver,
Too willing to supress her unconventional memories in stoic stature she promises me that this really is the last time,
So I pull her up from this newest pit of desperate monophobic acts and she goes along to call and see if hes home

Oh suck it in, and blow it out
The cloud of smoke just stifled her shout
Back in the streets that light forgot about
She hopes the ash will hold her down

An elongated silence broken by the absence of will from a vicoden induced stress,
The sun on her cheeks creates an orange tinted mirage of a young girl on the playground atop a hundred empty cans,
My shout across the parking lot is returned with her smile and we lie under the invincible cover of naive ignorance and better days,
A thousand miles away dreaming of a boy she used to know is the girl with the peacock feather on the back of her neck