hello guys, i am wondering how can i create a sound ( slap delay) that sounds like this in the intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OPW1W4of8o ... is it a dealy or an echo ?

grtzz
-fender stratocaster deluxe - Mexican
-spider line 6 , 50watt 2x 12'
-ashdown fallen angel tube amplifier. 60 watt head , 130 cabinet 36RL premium duette tubes
range of effects : EHX, boss, artcore,line 6 ...
Last edited by fearblaster at Mar 15, 2011,
delay pedal would do great. Whats your budget and Ill give you a few suggestions to try out and listen to demos
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by bluestratplayer
delay pedal would do great. Whats your budget and Ill give you a few suggestions to try out and listen to demos

650 dollars i think, how many milliseconds do you think?
-ashdown fallen angel tube amplifier. 60 watt head , 130 cabinet 36RL premium duette tubes
Delay and echo are the same thing.

That's also not slapback. It's a dotted eighth note delay with a single repeat. If your delay has tap tempo, use it.
Quote by Holy Katana
Delay and echo are the same thing.

That's also not slapback. It's a dotted eighth note delay with a single repeat. If your delay has tap tempo, use it.

how many milliseconds are that do you think?
Quote by fearblaster
how many milliseconds are that do you think?

No idea, but I'd say it's at least 500. Maybe closer to 600. I'm not really sure, and I'm too lazy to test it myself.
Quote by Holy Katana
No idea, but I'd say it's at least 500. Maybe closer to 600. I'm not really sure, and I'm too lazy to test it myself.

thanks for your time
looks like you've been helped, but good taste in music!
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by fearblaster
650 dollars i think, how many milliseconds do you think?

You dont need to spend $600 to get a good delay pedal probably $300 max will get you the best moneycan buy unless you live in aus or nz then yeah you'd spend that much. Personally i like the malekko 616 alot
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by championguitar
You dont need to spend $600 to get a good delay pedal probably $300 max will get you the best moneycan buy unless you live in aus or nz then yeah you'd spend that much. Personally i like the malekko 616 alot

it's just my budget. i won't spend f**** 600 dollars on a dealy pedal :p
Quote by ACollier
What's the max you're looking to spend on a delay then?
And how much do you think you'll use it?

i would use it from time to time :p let's say about 180 dollar max? i dunno 120 euros max but i don't know how much dollar that is :p
It comes to about $170 CAD. Malekko 616 and TC Electronics Nova Repeater both fall in that range. 616 is a solid analog delay and the Nova Repeater is a good digital delay that'll give you dotted eight, modulation, a feedback loop and a few more options.