I am really looking into buying a jackson SL3MG or a Ibanez rg3570z prestige, but i really am having trouble finding some helpful reviews. Whats your opinion on which guitar is better? Which is better for shredding? Which has the better tone?

I really am into playing metal and rock but also more mellow kind of music.
up to you, really.

the ibanez might be a bit more versatile, considering it doesn't have emgs. also HSH is probably a bit more versatile than HH, unless you use the "both humbuckers on" setting a lot.

But a lot of it is going to come down to which neck profile etc. you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would go for the Ibanez. But Im one of those Ibanez fanboys too so... Do you have any posibility to try 'em out? If you do, do so.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Ya if I could try em out it would be a much easier decision, but no place near me has either of them so that's pretty much impossible for me
Have you tried either brand before? Because if not, you may not like the necks, and if so, which brand's neck did you prefer?
do they have any other ibanez or jackson guitars?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well ive tried out a lot of ibanez guitars, one being the ibanez s series prestige. i really liked how thin the neck was and it played great. ive only tried out a couple low end jackson guitars so its kinda hard to compare.
I'd go with the RG. The HSH config pwns a H-H configuration really hard IMHO, and having good quality passives - like the DiMarzios on the RG wins over having EMG's any day in my mind. Of course, if you only play with loads of gain and don't care much about clean tones or versatility in general, the Soloist with it's EMG's and H-H config might be right up your alley. Still - I'd go with the Ibanez. Note that I'm a big time Ibanez fanboy, though, so my opinion is biased.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
ah ok

yeah that does make the decision a bit harder

If you liked ibanez necks (far as i'm aware the s necks are pretty similar to RG ones, but I could be wrong) you'll probably like the rg prestige. Obviously can't say for sure, though.

That being said jackson necks are in the same ballpark as ibanez ones- though not exactly the same.

Only thing about the ibanez is the trem- if you don't like it (i haven't tried the edge zero) you can't really replace it with anything else, as it's a weird design which isn't a direct swap for anything. The jackson should be (check first) a direct swap for a schaller OFR or schaller (or probably even a gotoh if you keep the stock studs, but again check first).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say go with the Ibanez.
You can't swap the trem for anything, but with the Edge-Zero, you won't need to. It's really good - on par with, if not smoother than an original Floyd (personal bias). As far as stability goes, with the ZPS in it's spot-on. With it removed it's like the original Edge.

The only gripe with Ibanez is their tendency to put subpar pickups on them. They expect you to swap them out.

With Jackson, you'll get a slightly thicker neck.

The more obvious difference is active pickups - you'll get more clarity, but less versatility.
I haven't tried their trems, but from what I hear they're good.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.