I am thinking about switching my pickups on my Schecter C1+ which are duncan designed jb/jazz (believe they are HB101, 102?). I am between some stock gibson lp studio pickups, the 490r and 498t and the american made duncan jb/jazz set. Are they designed and the 'real' american made ones that far off? Also has anyone compared these gibsons to either of the duncans? I find my stock ones to be a little muddy in the neck and slightly harsh in the bridge. Ive played les pauls before and like that sound but am I gonna be getting close to that tone with those pickups in my schecter (same wood i believe)? Any thought will help!

also i play a wide variety of styles from reggae to classic rock to hard modern rock
Schecter C-1+, Fender American HSS Strat
Egnater Tourmaster 4212
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb Head, rectifier 4x12 cab

The Duncan designed are pretty bad. The real ones are much better. The 490/498 set is not worth buying if your budget is more than the cost of a used set.

A JB/Jazz set won't make your C1 sound like a LP but they're a solid set of pickups, very versatile.
Quote by Johnnybyall
I am thinking about switching my pickups on my Schecter C1+ which are duncan designed jb/jazz (believe they are HB101, 102?). I am between some stock gibson lp studio pickups, the 490r and 498t and the american made duncan jb/jazz set. Are they designed and the 'real' american made ones that far off? Also has anyone compared these gibsons to either of the duncans? I find my stock ones to be a little muddy in the neck and slightly harsh in the bridge. Ive played les pauls before and like that sound but am I gonna be getting close to that tone with those pickups in my schecter (same wood i believe)? Any thought will help!

also i play a wide variety of styles from reggae to classic rock to hard modern rock

Both pretty "meh" options to be honest.

Stick a duncan custom 5 in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, or if you really want to beef up the sound stick a pair of Dimarzio Breeds in
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com