Hey,

So looking at the Lace Sensor site, they now have a "Burgundy" pickup, which apparently is like Santana and Gary Moore. Being two of my inspirations, that sounds damn perfect, couple it with the Golds in the neck and middle and I'm in heaven.

Two questions:

Has anyone tried the Burgundy? How is the sound? High output, long sustain, etc etc

Secondly, where's the best place in the UK to buy Lace Sensors? Yes, Google, I know. But all the places I've gone to have the gold, blue and (Can't remember the colour) and that's it, also they're classes as "Fender" which I find a little odd.
http://www.qkadirect.co.uk/index.php/pickups/electric-guitar.html?limit=all
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/String-Slingers/Pick-ups-/_i.html?_fsub=12605586&_sid=42216825&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Two websites both off the Lace distributors list.
Also, they may come up as Fender Lace Sensors' as I believe in the 90's they were only used in high(er) end Fender stuff. Kinda close relationship deal thing. Same pickups however
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Ah, I did look on their site, didn't find them.. damn. Thanks for the links man!

And alright, makes sense I guess.
They have a UK Distributor: http://www.hinesitedistribution.co.uk/ , all the links and sites were on there. Just in case you wanna search on the other ones available. It would appear they are damn expensive over here though so possibly worth considering getting them imported.
Also, I buy my Dimarzio's from my local guitar shop; I say this because if they ever dont have one in stock they just phone their distributor and get it shipped in for me. Any of those companies ^^ may be able to do the same for you upon request.
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
Ah I went to Hinesite, couldn't work out the weird layout and everything.

The QKA place has the Burgundy pup, and to be fair, the price isn't too bad. A three pack is around £160, which is similar to a Duncan 50s set if I remember correctly.

Edit: Okay, the Duncans are only £120. Gold Sensor set is £150. £30 for shielding and better tone (Imho), sweet
Last edited by DeadlySurfer at Mar 15, 2011,
Yeah often distributor's sites will suck as they are essentially middlemen, so just contains lots of lists of people they work with but no real product. Yeah the price for the 3 pack is alright, did any of the packs have a burgandy in however?

Also to go towards answering one of your other initial questions; I haven't tried the Burgandy but I like the Golds and Reds. My mate also likes the Blue. I can only assume the others are just as nice
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
Yeah, looks like they designed it on Word or something... (No offense to the guys, just I'm use to polished up super chrome shiny sites.. )

None of the packs had Burgundy, because it's meant for bridge only so it says, and then you'd have Burgundy with blue, silver, gold...

I may be a little cheeky and ask if they could possibly do me some kinda deal on them if I get the Burgundy and Golds.

They seem like the pickups for me, classic thinking, modern innovation, perfect!
Yeah I know what you mean, although it is by no means the worst musical equipment site I have ever seen. There are some real shockers out there. But hey, just means business for people like me in the future

I misunderstood what you wrote with the £150 before the edit thinking you had found a set with the Burgandy in too. My mistake.

It's always worth trying to get a deal, however I doubt they'll mix the set (which would be the ideal scenario) as I seem to recall they get shipped in that box so the company would be left with a spare Gold pickup without packaging etc so would have to sell it OEM. They may however do you a discount on the Burgandy if you bought all of them, free installation or knock a bit of money off. Never hurts to ask.

Best of luck with it all If you do get one post some sound clips online, be great to hear how they sound
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40