I'm wanting to upload an MP3 song, but I don't know what to chose. Can someone please tell me the difference? I'm new here, so go easy on me.
i woudlnt bother uploading anything if you dont evenknow the difference

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
A backing track is generaly missing an instrument(s), be it bass, rhythm or more often than not lead.
The idea of a backing track is to learn to play along with the song without the actual instrumentation influencing you as you go. Alot of people use them to just jam along with their own ideas too.
Most backing tracks i find are just drums and bass so you can play guitar along yourself.

Basicly, if your piece has all intended instrumentation in place it's a cover.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman
A backing track is generaly missing an instrument(s), be it bass, rhythm or more often than not lead.
The idea of a backing track is to learn to play along with the song without the actual instrumentation influencing you as you go. Alot of people use them to just jam along with their own ideas too.
Most backing tracks i find are just drums and bass so you can play guitar along yourself.

Basicly, if your piece has all intended instrumentation in place it's a cover.

Your backing track definition is much better than mine. However your definition of a cover is a bit iffy. A cover is a piece of music recorded or performed by someone other than the original composer(s). It has nothing to do with intended instrumentation. You can orchestrate a solo piano work or you can do a swing arrangement of a bebop tune or just anything you can come up with really.
Quote by Sóknardalr
Your backing track definition is much better than mine. However your definition of a cover is a bit iffy. A cover is a piece of music recorded or performed by someone other than the original composer(s). It has nothing to do with intended instrumentation. You can orchestrate a solo piano work or you can do a swing arrangement of a bebop tune or just anything you can come up with really.

Yeah i get ya, i just mean in this instance he wants to know whether the track he has recorded is a backing track or cover.
To simplify it if all he's done is recorded every instrument the same as it was on the record.. it's a cover.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Last edited by alkalineweeman at Mar 15, 2011,