Matalan is/was selling padded bras for 8-year-olds.

High street retailer Matalan has come under fire for selling PADDED BRAS for 8-year-old girls

What does the pit think? Are children too sexualised in our culture? Are they not sexualised enough? Am I a terrible person for not caring at all? Needless to say, if it were my daughter then heads would roll, but I'm not going to stop parents buying them for their kids if they think it's appropriate.

And while I'm here, I strongly urge you to vote "no" on the poll to troll the hell out of them

Sourcey link
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
The second one. Not sexualized enough. The more sexualized children are, the less of a big deal it will become. Eventually, the thrill of pedophilia will have all but vanished.
I personally couldnt give a two sits if parents want to dress their kids up and overly sexualise them. If they want to bait paedos, let em. I wouldnt let my 8 year old wear padded bras. If my future wife bought one for our kids, Id give her a swift backhand and give her that "WTF is wrong with you look."

Only a complete moron would dress a child in a sexually suggestive way. Kids need to be kids.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
THE WHOLE WORD'S GONE MAD, SOCIETY IS DECAYING!!!
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
THE WHOLE WORD'S GONE MAD, SOCIETY IS DECAYING!!!

Pff maybe where your from. Things are fine down in little old England.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Gerard_xD
And why were you looking at children's underwear?

This gentleman raises a valid point.
Wouldnt this be a deterrent?

If pedos liked boobs they wouldnt be going after kids
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by CaptDin
The second one. Not sexualized enough. The more sexualized children are, the less of a big deal it will become. Eventually, the thrill of pedophilia will have all but vanished.

exactly. it wouldnt be such a big deal if everyone(television, parents, etc...) wouldnt hide sex
Shits f*ucked up, yo.

Although, not bad price.
POST RAWK
Last edited by crazywatermelon at Mar 15, 2011,
I worked in a doctor's office last summer. I checked a patient in (I looked at her file when checking her in so I saw her age) and I SWEAR ON MY GRANDMOTHER'S LIFE that it was an 8 year old girl with what appeared to be 32C set. It was one of the most weird moments of my life.
Quote by CaptDin

I can't wait for that to happen.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I dunno. Whenever I see one of those child's beauty pageants and anything sexualizing kids I get really creeped out. I guess it's the parents choice, but it's creepy as ****.
I agree we shouldn't hide sex as much because it won't be such a big deal then, but the sexualization of kids is just wrong to me on some level.
Last edited by cornmancer at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
I worked in a doctor's office last summer. I checked a patient in (I looked at her file when checking her in so I saw her age) and I SWEAR ON MY GRANDMOTHER'S LIFE that it was an 8 year old girl with what appeared to be 32C set. It was one of the most weird moments of my life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precocious_puberty ?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
That sucks, how will paedos know what's stuffed bras or not know?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I will only support this if we can also sell underwear with stuffed crotches for little boys.

And while we're at it, let's start ordering strippers for 5-year-olds' birthday parties and let them have their first lapdance on the day of their birth.
Quote by SG_dave
It's disgusting. Tits are getting younger.
Either that or i'm getting older.

But i swear, there's been a few times i've passed a girl in the street been all "hello" then looked again and realised she's probably 13.

The age of Puberty is getting younger and younger anyway, which partly explains the "sexualisation" stuff.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Well, that's my sisters birthday present sorted.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
I thought pederasts didn't like boobs....

So this is an anti-pedo measure! I like it! No longer will little girs be molested for their lack of breasts!
Quote by BurningStarlV
I hate to be nitpicky but pederasts are into little boys.

.....so they definitely dont like boobs then.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
By "padded" they probably mean not that thin see-through kinda material. Most bras are "padded" in this sense - it stops your nipples showing through when you're cold.

I doubt they mean "pushup" bras, which are the ones with big pads in which make your boobs look larger/give you more cleavage.

People overreacting, once again.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I work in a store that sells bras, and we have a section for young girls. Some of them are "padded", just a bit thicker really. They're not push up. Reality is, if you don't like the idea of an 8 year in a padded bra... don't buy one for your child.
Quote by suckersdream
I work in a store that sells bras, and we have a section for young girls. Some of them are "padded", just a bit thicker really. They're not push up. Reality is, if you don't like the idea of an 8 year in a padded bra... don't buy one for your child.

Yeah, people don't seem to understand the distinction between "padded" and pushup. They assume padded means big pads to make boobs bigger. It doesn't. They're just slightly thicker - they have no effect whatsoever on how big your boobs look, they just tend to be more comfortable and give you a better shape, whilst eliminating the problem of sticky-out nipples.

Granted, 8 year olds probably don't have these problems, but it's nothing to do with being "sexy", and everything to do with having a better design for a bra.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
Yeah, people don't seem to understand the distinction between "padded" and pushup. They assume padded means big pads to make boobs bigger. It doesn't. They're just slightly thicker - they have no effect whatsoever on how big your boobs look, they just tend to be more comfortable and give you a better shape, whilst eliminating the problem of sticky-out nipples.

Granted, 8 year olds probably don't have these problems, but it's nothing to do with being "sexy", and everything to do with having a better design for a bra.
We're dudes
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by esther_mouse

Pretty much. As you said, 8 year olds don't generally have those problems, but if they devleop early then they're going to need something more than flimsy "crop tops" that most little girls will wear.

I don't get the big deal, really. I mean I remember my mum being more strict about me wearing underwire bras when I was younger.
Quote by suckersdream
Pretty much. As you said, 8 year olds don't generally have those problems, but if they devleop early then they're going to need something more than flimsy "crop tops" that most little girls will wear.

I don't get the big deal, really. I mean I remember my mum being more strict about me wearing underwire bras when I was younger.

Yeah, I started wearing bras when I was about 8, before that it was crop tops or vests...I'm really not getting the big deal here lol. The picture in the link in the OP isn't even that bad, it looks like what it is: a little kids' bra. It's not sexy, it's not adult...it's a little pink bra for kids who need their first bra >.<
<//////>~ dA
No matter the intention of the bra, I think sexualizing children is wrong on all possible levels. Children aren't biologically ready to have sex, so why should we encourage people to want to have sex with them?
I pride myself on my humility.