As the title says; How do I get US Citizenship?

I'm a 15 years old dude from Norway, Europe, and I have a dream... I wanna move to the United States of America! The problem is, every time I mention it my friend keeps telling me stuff like "Dude it's impossible to get Citizenship" and stuff like that, so I wonder how hard it actually can be? I mean, to immigrate to Norway you just have to apply. 46% of Norways population are not norweigans o.O

Anyway, do anyone know how I become a US Citizen? Please, write everything you know about it, I want all the info I can get about it! And no comments like "Dude you don't wanna move here!" and all that crappy stuff! I have been there, and YES I wanna move there!

Thanks,
Marius Duaas
One true metalhead!
It's not worth it. This is a terrible place.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I got one. It's overrated.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
wow you guys dont read at all .. looks like blue strat has the link i was gonna post
With a hell of alot of trouble my friend. My wife is a U.S. citizen and it's cost us a crap load of money and a years worth of paperwork and BS and i still can't move there yet.

This site will give you some pointers.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
U have to take a citizenship test. Its pretty difficult, but if u pass it I think ur a citizen.
Quote by btones
Stay away from here. It's really not worth it. Make a visit first, at least, before you decide.

Thats excacly what I say to people who wanna come to Norway too, cause it sucks here, so you get tired of your birthplace someday anyway, and yes I have been there, read the whole post I was there for two weeks and it was amazing!
One true metalhead!
Quote by awesomo41894
U have to take a citizenship test. Its pretty stupid, because most americans can't pass it, but if u pass it I think ur a citizen.

Went ahead and fixed that for you.

Several people posted the link above.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by MariusDuaas
Thats excacly what I say to people who wanna come to Norway too, cause it sucks here, so you get tired of your birthplace someday anyway, and yes I have been there, read the whole post I was there for two weeks and it was amazing!

Every country has problems, pros and cons. Stop bitching about it and let him go where he wants. If he prefers it, that's his business.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by rickyj
marry me.

Thanks for the answers everyone!

If this test is so hard, is that for americans or for others? (no offence, but there is a crapload of people in USA that is dumb as shit)

Thanks
One true metalhead!
Quote by MariusDuaas

The country with the highest living standard in the world sucks?

I should start looking into other planets.
Quote by strat0blaster
Every country has problems, pros and cons. Stop bitching about it and let him go where he wants. If he prefers it, that's his business.

I feel like that should be directed at me, not him...
Quote by btones
I feel like that should be directed at me, not him...

It's not really directed at anyone in general, just using the quote as a jump-off.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
if you want to move into a country that is $14,000,000,000,000 and has no open jobs with rocketing gas prices and is now full of lazy mexicans, go for it, it shouldnt be that hard.
and if you make it come to california and live in the bay area, we have to best drugs over here, and il down for anything lol. that goes for everyone! i need more friends up in this biscuit!
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by Masamune
The country with the highest living standard in the world sucks?

I should start looking into other planets.

Well, the living standard is great, but its so damn cold, so much rain and so little people! Norway means nothing to the rest of the world!
One true metalhead!
Quote by MariusDuaas
Well, the living standard is great, but its so damn cold, so much rain and so little people! Norway means nothing to the rest of the world!

Wanna trade citizenships?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
if you want to move into a country that is $14,000,000,000,000 and has no open jobs with rocketing gas prices and is now full of lazy mexicans, go for it, it shouldnt be that hard.
and if you make it come to california and live in the bay area, we have to best drugs over here, and il down for anything lol. that goes for everyone! i need more friends up in this biscuit!

Vete a la mierda, desgraciado.
Quote by MariusDuaas

Sounds like you're talking about Seattle.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Talk to the mob, they can hook you up.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by awesomo41894
You have to take a citizenship test. It's pretty difficult, but if you pass it I think your a citizen.

No it is not. I've taken it out of boredom and got a 100%. I can understand foreigners who haven't taken American history not passing, but Americans should be able to do it. And I fixed your grammar because it annoyed the tits off me.

But TS, as far as I know you have to live here on a visa for some amount of time, then take the test. Not entirely sure.
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
This flowchart might give you a basic idea of what is involved..

http://reason.com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350cf1ddb5942ef5ad.jpg

Isn't it ironic that a country pretty much entirely made up of immigrants makes it so ridicolously hard for others to emigrate to it?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Isn't it ironic that a country pretty much entirely made up of immigrants makes it so ridicolously hard for others to emigrate to it?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

They should take that off the statue and just be honest with an "All full up. Sorry."

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by Masamune
I was just messing around. I do think it's a weird stereotype though because from what I've seen, a lot of Mexicans are incredibly hard working.

Well as cultures go, most other countries appreciate privelage and what hard work can achieve. Americans (not all - as a whole) are pretty lucky/spoiled when it comes to large scale hardship.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you