Hey, I'm looking for some info. I recently bought a new (used) guitar and I'm wondering if the action is too low. The problem is that it seems way too easy to play; the strings bend much too easily and if I fret a note, it plays the note without me even picking the string.

I thought the string gauge was the problem, but I put on my usual D'Addario 10s and I'm still having a problem.

Hope that makes sense! I'd appreciate any advice.
... Why would you honestly complain about a guitar being easy to play? Seriously? If I got a guitar like that the first thing I'd do would be figure out if I can get my others to feel like that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
High output p'ups maybe? I'm taking it you mean when plugged in you don't have to pick. How can something be too easy to play? If notes bend easily, that's a good thing.
If you don't have any fret buzz as a result of the low action, you shouldn't be complaining.
It's so easy that it feels like I'm playing a toy guitar. It's annoying. And I do actually have some fret buzz on the low E string on the first few frets.
If there's any buzz then yeah, the action is probably set a little too low. It's not a hard task to raise it.

For those wondering, yes action can bee too low and a guitar being too easy to play is a bad thing. A little resistence in the strings is good, it helps promote clarity and protects against sloppy technique to an extent. Otherwise everyone would go around with .8s. A lot of pros actually use relatively high action because it simply does sound better and cleans up your playing and if your technique is actually any good then having the strings 3mm off the frets isn't going to slow you down any more than if they were 1.5mm off.
grohl1987: Thank you for being so helpful (and for not being rude)!! I was beginning to think that I was either insane, or had superhuman strength.

Thanks again!!
To everyone who is confused by my question: please read this:

Quote by grohl1987
If there's any buzz then yeah, the action is probably set a little too low. It's not a hard task to raise it.

For those wondering, yes action can bee too low and a guitar being too easy to play is a bad thing. A little resistence in the strings is good, it helps promote clarity and protects against sloppy technique to an extent. Otherwise everyone would go around with .8s. A lot of pros actually use relatively high action because it simply does sound better and cleans up your playing and if your technique is actually any good then having the strings 3mm off the frets isn't going to slow you down any more than if they were 1.5mm off.
I want that guitar, thanks.
Ibanez RG821 + Ibanez TS9
Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera

My song covers on YouTube