I'm looking for a boost pedal to make my rhythm a little tighter (aren't we all?). I have seen many of these threads on here and other places, and everyone seems to recommend a TS9, OD808, or any other TS-type pedal. However, I don't like the whole mid boost that it gives. I know that mids are important, and trust me when I say I have PLENTY of mids, so a mid boost is the last thing I'm looking for. I'm just looking for something to really tighten the bass and add a lot of aggression. Maybe an EQ pedal, cutting the bass? What should I be looking for?

EDIT: Also, keep the price reasonable. If it's really what I'm looking for, then recommend it, but I think boutique OD pedals are WAY overpriced in general.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by Levi79
Turn the mids on your amp down to compensate for the TS?

That may work at home jamming, but it would be a hassle on stage. I already have my volume knob to worry about
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by Levi79
Turn the mids on your amp down to compensate for the TS?

I was thinking the same thing...

However, you could just get an MXR 10 Band EQ and use it as a clean boost. You can boost both volume and gain with it and you could do whatever you want with your EQ. If that won't give you enough boost, you could combine that with an OD pedal and hit them both when you want the boost.

If those 3 options don't work, you're probably screwed
Ever thought about buying an actual boost pedal? ODs were designed to simulate an overdriven amp and someone discovered that they can be used to boost the strength of your signal. However, you still have to deal with the flavor of the pedal.

Boost pedals were designed to boost the strength of your signal and remain transparent.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Ever thought about buying an actual boost pedal? ODs were designed to simulate an overdriven amp and someone discovered that they can be used to boost the strength of your signal. However, you still have to deal with the flavor of the pedal.

Boost pedals were designed to boost the strength of your signal and remain transparent.

Does a legitimate boost pedal tighten your bass like OD boosts do?
Quote by blackflag49

Quote by bingeandletgo
Does a legitimate boost pedal tighten your bass like OD boosts do?

it should partially. pick up a BBE boosta grande, and see what they go for. i know i have seen them local for $30

i think the mid push adds a certain degree of tightness too, but i am not sure.

my favorite method was stated by tiger.

use a 10 band get it where you want it and boost as desired.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Contrary to popular belief, there is no mid boost in the stock Tubescreamer circuit. It's just a large bass cut along with some filters that remove treble that lead to the illusion. Though if you're tone is too middy with it, turn down the mids on the amp. That's the classic way of dealing with it. Otherwise, an EQ with everything below 200Hz cut quite a bit would work similarly and lead to less of a mid boost effect.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs