Classical guitarist, do you use an products, or diet diffrently to grow or strengthen your picking hand nails so they dont break as often?

Kinda homo but I asked my gf for tips and she bought me some nail harder, the hardener left a blue tint and bubbled up so I havent been using it.

Its so annoying when I finally get my nails to the length I prefer and then one breaks.
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Go get a manicure, you'd be surprised how many men get them.

Also the shape of the nail makes quite a bit of difference as well.
I'll try to explain.

For myself I have very flexible nails, that tend to tear if they get too long, so I have to keep them as short as I can to keep a good tone, and prevent them from tearing. I file my nails at an oblique angle, instead of filing them to a point in the center. Meaning my nail on the left side is longer than that of my right. I keep the left side slightly past my fingertip, and the right side about as short as I can. That's how I do it, it works for me and I like the sound, that said I rarely have them all in good enough shape to play.

I guess I should mention that I don't have a Classical Guitar. I hope that helps you out some.

James

P.S. I've heard for women getting pregnant is a horrible catch 22 for Classical Guitar, the Hormones give them really strong durable nails, while the belly makes for a serious obstacle for holding the guitar.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
I heard vitamin B? is useful for strengthening nails...also a product called

Mavala, which i heard Flamenco Guitarists use it...and ya know how they are on their nails!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mavala-Shield-Reinforces-Protects-Fragile/dp/B003DHVVUA

haha 24 bucks. for some nail hardener.

thanks for all your help guys
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?