Hey I'm having trouble deciding between a chorus or a flanger pedal to add a little something to my clean tone, as well as when I play in distortion. I play almost all kinds of rock and play lead in my band. I just want to make sure I make the right decision about what to get.
Thanks
My gear:

Fender Highway one Telecaster
Squier Strat (highly upgraded)
Ibanez Rg120
Various effect pedals
Fender Fontman 65r guitar amp
Alvarez rd4102c acoustic-electric guitar
i like chorus alot more than flanger. my advice is to listen to tell us what your budget and whats songs have the effect that your looking for, we will tell you pedals are good in your range, you go to your local chain music store try out as many as you can, decide what you like, then go to your trusted local store and buy what you decided to get. also don't forget where you are and what gear you have
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
I gigged for quite a few years with just a flanger. With practice you can dial in a very passable substitute for a chorus, a chorus can never be made to sound like a flanger. If I had to pick one it would be a flanger. However, if a chorus-like sound is the main sound you want then get a chorus.

However, having said that, the chorus in my GP-8 has an extra control so it can be perform like a flanger. If I want chorus though, I use my Quadraverb. It makes Roland/Boss chorus look like something from Toys'R'Us - plus it's in my loop whereas the GP-8 is out front.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-CF7-Chorus-Flanger-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-INTL-SHIP_W0QQitemZ190512637822QQcategoryZ41417QQcmdZViewItem

/thread.

(I posted an ebay link because Ibanez discontinued their 7 line this year, so I can't find it on any major sites.)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-CF7-Chorus-Flanger-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-INTL-SHIP_W0QQitemZ190512637822QQcategoryZ41417QQcmdZViewItem

/thread.

(I posted an ebay link because Ibanez discontinued their 7 line this year, so I can't find it on any major sites.)

Nice find. I forgot all about those. Buy it TS. For $30 how could you go wrong? Ibanez flangers sound great.
I agree that is /thread - problem solved.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification