Long story short my old man's fed up with me being 'rebellious'. In the last month he's threatened to kick me out of the house three times. And I'm about ready to just save him the trouble.

Now, if I do this I'm just not sure what I should do. I don't want to be a freeloader off of one of my friends until I graduate high school (Which is next year), but there's no way on earth I can afford my own apartment, and while moving in with my girlfriend (Who IS graduating this year) seems like a tempting idea...like i siad I don't want to freeload as there's no way I could pay for a decent portion of the rent as long as I still was in school.

Everything that i could legally (and rightfully) claim as mine that I would be bringing with me if I did leave is the following...

-2 Guitars
-2 Guitar Pedals
-200 Watt Guitar Amp Head
-200 Watt Guitar Amp Cabinet
-30 Watt Combo Amp
-Various assortment of clothes
-About 15 books, everything from tablature to novels
-Digital Camera
-Art supplies (Sketchbook, pencils, etc.)
-Various noteboks for writing

It's enough to say that a single room would definatly get filled.

What does the pit think I should do? Please keep trolling and saracastic remarks to a minimum, I know we all love to goof off here at the pit but this is a serious problem.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Make sure you have a place to stay first.

If not, get a job or sell some shit.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Stop being rebellious.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Do it. I hear that most of the time it works out great. /sarcasm

Edit: My bad. Didn't see you specifically said sarcastic comments as well as trolling. I'm being serious through the sarcasm, though. I moved out when I just turned 17.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Mar 15, 2011,
In my opinion, stop being "rebellious", I don't understand why teenagers are always so "rebellious" and cause their parents a lot of grief, get your act together and wise up.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
get a job. not only will you be saving money, but your dad might have a little more respect. also, stop being rebellious. theres no point in moving out if its just gonna suck even harder for you.
i got kicked out on sunday. i just left like it was no big deal. after 10 min of walking my mom drove up to me and told me she wanted me back. it was my dad who kicked me tho
Don't be rebellious. Work the system and you might get away with doing what you want to do without getting in trouble.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I'm sorry to hear that, dude. I'm probably about your age and never had to deal with something like that, so I can't recommend anything else but trying to make up with your dad or stay with a friend who can help you get a job and an apartment. Nothing more I can say, sorry.
1: I do have a job actually. If anybody ever drops in at Taco Bell at my town just say you're from UG and I'll be sure not to mess up your order.

2: I could PROBABLY get somewhere lined up for me to stay, atleast until graduation. I can think of a couple friends. But like I said I wouldn't want to feel like i was freeloading off of them.

3: Me being 'rebellious' was me being gone from after school to 6:30 with some friends and my girlfriend and not calling. (Kinda hard when my dad took away my phone)

4: As for age, I turn 17 in a couple weeks.

Sorry, I probably should've cleared those all up.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Last edited by Phoenix Reborn at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by AlecMag
Make sure you have a place to stay first.

If not, stop being a rebellious wanker before you have enough money to move out. When you got enough money **** your mother in the ass and blow a load into your father's face. While you're at it piss on your sister's/brother's (if you have one) pillow and shit on the carpet. Don't blame the dog/cat, admit it was you, then give your parents the finger and leave the house. Before you do that wank into your mother's flowerbed. Now you've released all the rebelliousness gathered in you throughout the years, have enough money and are ready to move out.

fix'd
Last edited by -Mantra- at Mar 15, 2011,
Quote by Phoenix Reborn

3: Me being 'rebellious' was me being gone from after school to 6:30 with some friends and my girlfriend and not calling. (Kinda hard when my dad took away my phone)

lol judging by that i really dont think he'd actually kick you out.
i'm not sure what you guys call it there, but when i was sixteen i got kicked out and i did A guided indepentent study (basically homeschool) to finish school so i could get a full time job and get my own place. it was hard as shit, but i did it so i'm sure you can too. good luck mayne
My sig? Nice.
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
1: I do have a job actually. If anybody ever drops in at Taco Bell at my town just say you're from UG and I'll be sure not to mess up your order.

2: I could PROBABLY get somewhere lined up for me to stay, atleast until graduation. I can think of a couple friends. But like I said I wouldn't want to feel like i was freeloading off of them.

4: As for age, I turn 17 in a couple weeks.

Sorry, I probably should've cleared those all up.

rough man. I have a buddy of mine living with me till we graduate, he pays like 50$ a week, try and hook something like that up. or just save all your money, be good for now, and when you go off and (hopefully) be successful you have something to rub in their faces.
has a terrible signature.
Ah, but that's not the only thing that's been causeing him to ay he'll kick me out. That was just today's 'rebellion'
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Just try to stay calm and don't give them reasons to throw shit at you... I realized that, and my parents became pretty cool. And the reason your father gave you is (sorry for this dude) completely stupid.... just don't complain and accept the shit, while staying calm as i said. This will give you time until you're older and then you can either choose to stay or get the hell out

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

kill father, marry mother, rule country as king

worked for oedipus
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Live with it dude, every brother and sister on my family moved out at a young age and they all have kids they can't raise alone (welfare), don't have a well paying job, don't have time for an education advancement.
It's never too late to patch things up with your dad. That is, unless he's an asshole. >_>

I think you're far too young to move out, man. Don't bring on more unnecessary worries into your life.
Quote by Phoenix Reborn

-2 Guitars
-2 Guitar Pedals
-200 Watt Guitar Amp Head
-200 Watt Guitar Amp Cabinet
-30 Watt Combo Amp
-Various assortment of clothes
-About 15 books, everything from tablature to novels
-Digital Camera
-Art supplies (Sketchbook, pencils, etc.)
-Various noteboks for writing

sell them
Quote by diofan88
kill father, marry mother, rule country as king

worked for oedipus

i dont think he knew they were his parents though..at least not until later
if you REALLY think moving out when you work at TACO BELL, you need to grow up a bit. there are people who work real jobs who have enough trouble making ends meet. your dad isnt being an asshole. you are just being the rebellious teen who thinks he needs to have an issue with authority figures. do what he asks and things will be peachy. if you cant call because he took your phone, let him know that and you two can come to an agreement on a new plan of attack... here's a scenario. you move in with your girlfriend. everything is cool for a while, and you decide you are in "love" and she gets pregnant. everything is cool for a while, but one of you realizes you arent right for each other. now you have an ex-girlfriend, a baby on the way, and moving back in with your parents is the only logical explanation. moving in with your girlfriend is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE idea. instead of calling your dad the asshole, look in the mirror and see what you could possibly be doing wrong. DONT MAKE A DECISION OUT OF ANGER/FRUSTRATION.
Yet home when I was 16. One of the best choices I lever made. It's not for everyone though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by westley23j
if you REALLY think moving out when you work at TACO BELL, you need to grow up a bit. there are people who work real jobs who have enough trouble making ends meet. your dad isnt being an asshole. you are just being the rebellious teen who thinks he needs to have an issue with authority figures. do what he asks and things will be peachy. if you cant call because he took your phone, let him know that and you two can come to an agreement on a new plan of attack... here's a scenario. you move in with your girlfriend. everything is cool for a while, and you decide you are in "love" and she gets pregnant. everything is cool for a while, but one of you realizes you arent right for each other. now you have an ex-girlfriend, a baby on the way, and moving back in with your parents is the only logical explanation. moving in with your girlfriend is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE idea. instead of calling your dad the asshole, look in the mirror and see what you could possibly be doing wrong. DONT MAKE A DECISION OUT OF ANGER/FRUSTRATION.

Why are you bringing 'What ifs' into this? What if his girlfriend got pregnant? What if spiders grew 5 times in size around the world? What if rhinos could fly, and had a sudden urge to attack and end humanity? He never stated his girlfriend was pregnant, nor he have any intentions of making it so.

I agree with him not moving out working at taco bell though. That's asking for screwing yourself over in the future. Put up with the shit for a little while, and try and talk to him mano a mano. You're nearly a man now, and you should be able to chill with some friends for a little while. At least he's paying for a place for you to live.
Hey, some of my friends did it, and they turned out just fine.

Dead, but just fine.
I act rebellious from time to time, as long as I don't act like a **** towards my mum and dad they're cool about it.

Just know where to draw the line and don't call your dad out on every little thing. If he asks you to 'Take out the trash' or 'Wash the dishes' Just take a second and think 'Hey it ain't going to take more than a few minutes of my time' and things will be swell.

(I'm British so writing Trash was really confusing for me )
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
I have no idea how, but for some reason everyone's getting the impression I'm the kid who loves to raise holy hell...I'll answer a few questions first.

1: Whoever said that thing about me and my girlfriend screwing around and accidenatlly getting herp regnent...yeah I'm not exactly an idiot. Both she and I have agreed o wait until we're both graduated ATLEAST before we do anything along those lines. And mind you ATLEAST that long.

2: When it comes to helping out around the house if I'm asked to do something I make sure I get it done.

3: The only problem here is that my father is flipping shit for me not calling to check up on him. I agree...yeah I should've called. But threatening your kid to have him out of the house multiple times in one month for stuff like that is overkill I'd say.

4: Moving out is the LAST option I want to take. I like it in my house with my bro and sis, the few days my parents decide to blow up in my face aside it usually isn't too bad. I mainly made this thread so that IF I have to move out I could have a few ideas of where a few good places would be because right now I could only think of one friend's house...and though I know his dad would take me in without a question I also know they're in a bit of a tight spot financially...so I'm trying to findo ther options IF the situation comes up.

5: I know I'm not making much money at Taco Bell. Why do you think I don't want to leave my house yet? Like I said (just using this as an example). If I worked for 20 hours a week and put all of my paycheck into sharing an apartment with my girlfriend I'd be amazed if I could cover hlaf of the rent. Let alone food, water, electricity and other expenses.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Phoenix Reborn

3: The only problem here is that my father is flipping shit for me not calling to check up on him. I agree...yeah I should've called. But threatening your kid to have him out of the house multiple times in one month for stuff like that is overkill I'd say.

Forgive me if you've tried this already, because I don't know if you have or not...

But usually when people think their parents are being unjust they argue back and get defensive. It's typical human behavior. But a little while later (a day or so), maybe you could sit down with him and just explain to him that you really do want to live in his house, but you think it's hurtful and unfair of him to threaten you with banishment. Say that you think he can make his point without having to resort to such emotionally-scarring treatment.

And at this point you have to say you're willing to work with him to reach an understanding. If you don't do this he'll think you're wining and just want him to lighten up. You have to prove to him that you're clearly shooting for common-ground and not just wanting to get your way about the matter.

If moving out really is you least preferred option, then you would probably want to do this first (if you already haven't).
Shit, that's no fun. Those threats are awful. You being semi-rebellious isn'tjustification for kicking you out at that age. Do you think he'd really kick you out? Or do anything other than psychologically **** with you? Anyone else you could stay with? Family or something? Anyone who can make him stop with the threats? I moved in with my dad again after three weeks at my mom's because her husband hated me and wanted me out. If you think you're gonna have to get out fast, make sure you have the stuff you need ready to go. Even if it's legally yours, you might have to jump through some hoops to get your stuff. My snowboard's still at my mom's. :/
Last edited by bloodtrocuted93 at Mar 16, 2011,
Not to be too blunt, but honestly man... You gotta suck it up and just deal with your pops. Its gonna reaaally stink, but what w
Man, you gotta learn the difference between your and you're before you're gonna make it out in the real world.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.