I ordered a turntable, two speakers, and a receiver. How do these all hook up with each other, what to what? And what cords do I need?
Someone forgot to order instructions.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
RCA for turntable to receiver. There should be an RCA cable with a ground wire that comes with the turntable. If not you'll need to get one. Hopefully your receiver has a phono input which supports a grounded RCA cable, if not you will probably get some nasty static. From there you need speaker cable to attach your speakers to the receiver.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
RCA for turntable to receiver. There should be an RCA cable with a ground wire that comes with the turntable. If not you'll need to get one. Hopefully your receiver has a phono input which supports a grounded RCA cable, if not you will probably get some nasty static. From there you need speaker cable to attach your speakers to the receiver.

Thanks man

So would it be possible to just hook my iPod up to the receiver and play it from the speakers too?
Quote by mick13
Thanks man

So would it be possible to just hook my iPod up to the receiver and play it from the speakers too?

Yup- 3.5mm to 2RCA cable.

If the amp doesn't have a phono stage, and the turntable doesn't have an onboard one, you'll need an outboard one between the turntable and amp for the RIAA equalisation (yes, THAT RIAA.) Cartridges come in two flavours- moving magnet and moving coil, so you need a stage that supports whatever cart yours has. I'd assume it's moving magnet.