I was pretty set on getting a 3570z prestige, but then i played Pgm and a Jem, and i really like how they played and sounded also. Whats your opinion on which guitar is better? Price doesn't matter to much for me since the rg is 1500 new, and i could get the jem or pgm for 1500 used, so i'm just asking which is overall better in your opinion. I play a variety of music from metal and rock to very mellow music...
If you like crazy things and super fast picking then the PGM is for you. Bends, pinch harmonics strange sounds and clean sounds - JEM. If you want to be the 1st owner - RG . I would get a PGM personally
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
New is overrated. As long as the guitar is in perfect playing condition, who cares if you were there first?

I look at guitars like girls. I know other guys were there first, but I just pretend I was the first explorer who went spelunking in that particular cave.
They PGM and RG are pretty much the same except the trem, pickups, and controls. If those things really matter to you, get the one you prefer. They have the same body and same neck. The JEM is made of alder and has a different neck. It also has the Original Edge like the PGM while the RG has the Edge Zero. All 3 are Prestiges so they're pretty much the same quality. It's not a matter of which is better since they're all good. It's just a matter of what you prefer.
Get the one you like most - Play them again, see if you have a preference toward one of them.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Mar 16, 2011,
They only have an S series prestige and a lower end jem near here so i cant really try out the PGM, thats what makes it more difficult in deciding.
The original PGM100 was amazing; I have no doubts the reissue will be amazing, too.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by trueamerican
I look at guitars like girls. I know other guys were there first, but I just pretend I was the first explorer who went spelunking in that particular cave.

someone should sig that
I Am Hated
7 String Legion

Ibanez RG1527 prestige (BKP Aftermath)
Ibanez MTM2 black (rockmonkey SoB)
Ibanez MTM2 white (Blackout AHB-3)
Squier "custom" strat (Hot Slag)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w 112
Pitchblack
TS-9
NS-2
MXR 10 band eq