I want to tune my Ibanez RG2EX1 down to Drob B. Right now I have .11's on it and it's tuned to Standard/Drop D. I want to put some .12's on it and 1, I don't have time to take it to someone to set it up (I'm jamming with some friends on Saturday) and 2, I need to learn to set it up myself. I know how to set the intonation and such but have no clue what I'm doing with the truss rod (which I need to adjust to tune that low, right? ). Can someone help me out and tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance!
Die Weltgeschichte ist auch die Summe dessen, was vermeidbar gewesen wäre.

Well how long are you planning to keep it tuned to B? I had mine tuned pretty low and I never ever screwed with the truss rod, so it can't be THAT big a deal. If I were you I would just slap heavier strings on there. But watch out, cause this one time I bought heavy strings and it chipped the corner of the nut off and it was like 60 bucks to replace. So make sure they fit before you jam em in there.
Since its a 25-1/2'' scale guitar, you can use 12's with a decent amount of tension. I'd get a single pack of the low B string such as a .60 for excellent intonation. As far as the truss rod goes, well...don't remember which way the neck arches. Nonetheless, if your neck does arch then if you go to adjust the truss, give it a MINOR turn, then check if it improves.
Quote by KYmonster

...But watch out, cause this one time I bought heavy strings and it chipped the corner of the nut off and it was like 60 bucks to replace. So make sure they fit before you jam em in there.

Damn, you could have just bought a new nut and replaced it yourself. Nuts aren't super glued or anything, you can pop them out with ease.
Oh my god thats korny, i wish i knew that 2 months ago. God i want to punch small children now!!
Quote by KYmonster
Oh my god thats korny, i wish i knew that 2 months ago. God i want to punch small children now!!

at least u know it now.
TS, is does that have an Edge trem on it? You'll need to adjust the trem to make it level with the body. There's a sticky on the top of the page to learn how to do that.

Also, I am taking German in high school, and I translated your signature. Very interesting statement, although, I was hoping for something like super epic.