The Catalinbread DLS was a cool pedal, but didn't quite cut it in terms of gain. I'm almost positive that I'm set on the OCD, but is there anything else in that price range I should be looking at? Looking for bigness, loudness, and saturation primarily, but a nice lower gain tone would be cool too. I have no need for a boost though
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Wylde Overdrive? Had considered one for a while, but never actually got it... Uhhh...

This? Does some pretty smooth higher gain later in demo, but not superuberbrootallicmetal...
Sounds like a cool pedal, but I already have my TS-esque needs covered and don't really want a huge overlap. Never tried the Wylde OD, but from what I understand it's pretty similar to the SD-1? I had that back in the day, cool pedal but again not really what I'm looking for
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
mi crunch box
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
mi crunch box

+1.

I have this (as well as an OCD). The crunchbox can get much heavier and saturated... the gain knob is ridiculous in range and can go from bluesy over drive to all out thrash.

However, it's much more Marshally-voiced than the OCD, so keep that in mind.