Band just did a few home recordings, the new tracks are "Killjoy" and "Brunswick Cops"

We were having some trouble with the audio program (audacity) hence some timing issues in killjoy, but Brunswick cops came out nicely I think.

Feedback very welcome.

http://www.myspace.com/secretarylily/
Last edited by Mr Fenix at Mar 16, 2011,
You guys have such a cool vibe going on. I'm more into a heavier rock, but I catch myself bobbing my head. I really like Thirty Thirty Nine. It reminds me of The Presidents of the United States of America vibe where the music is just fun. Keep on!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Thanks bro, means a lot got any feedback for the new tracks?
Last edited by Mr Fenix at Mar 17, 2011,
Nice vibe indeed! I really liked the intro melody on Killjoy a lot, it hooks you instantly.
A point of advice might be to use a metronome. A tight rhythm will make it better, especially when a song is fast.
For the type of music you are playing it might be better to back the gain on the lead guitar down a little bit sometimes, it will smoothen out the sound.
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Quote by CheezMeUp
Nice vibe indeed! I really liked the intro melody on Killjoy a lot, it hooks you instantly.
A point of advice might be to use a metronome. A tight rhythm will make it better, especially when a song is fast.
For the type of music you are playing it might be better to back the gain on the lead guitar down a little bit sometimes, it will smoothen out the sound.

Thanks bro, yeah I really wanted to use a metronome for killjoy, but I wasn't sure how to actually go about that. We wanted about 185BPM but we needed something which could dowlnoad to an ipod.
We also had issues with audacity, for some reason, when you record a track on audacity, it moves it forward a second or so in the mix when you're finished, meaning I would have to try and digitally move it back to get it in time, which resulted in a few more timing issues.
I'll keep that in mind about the leads on the guitar, thanks heaps for the feedback bro
Great tracks. Really enjoyed Thirty Thirty Nine and Prevent A Fail.
You, are creating all the bubbles at night...
Listening now, really enjoying Thirty Thirty Nine. It's cheering me up haha, good stuff.
3039 and Prevent a fail were proffesionally recorded, so they're probably the most pleasant ones to listen to.
Nice up beat songs! killjoy intro is ear candy sounds nice
The pro recording sounds awesome!
Do u have a live video?
Keep it Heavy
Keep It Metal
\m/

Quote by Metal_Ghost
Nice up beat songs! killjoy intro is ear candy sounds nice
The pro recording sounds awesome!
Do u have a live video?

Thanks bro Yeah we do have some live video's but the sound quality in them is so bad they aren't worth posting