#1
I've gotten multiple calls tonight from a New York area code (I'm from Nebraska). It's a man with a thick (sounds fake) indian accent, saying he is from "Microsoft Services", asking me to take a survey. He's even texted me. Anyways, I've already gotten in touch with Microsoft and reported it, but I'm wondering if theres more I can do to either get the police after this guy, or at least screw with him. So, does anyone know where I can either report this, or ideas to fight back?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
#3
Well when he calls ask him to stop, and threaten to call the police. Then if he calls again call the police. Once you warn someone to stop and they continue it legally constitutes harassment, from what I've read.

EDIT: Or alternatively,
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/740134/telemarketer_prank_call_murder_scene_hilarius/
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Mar 16, 2011,
#4
By call the police, do you mean I should just call my local police?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
#5
Call him every 15 minutes telling him that you're out of stock on dick pumps and he needs to change his order since there are no refunds.
#6
Quote by souperman08
By call the police, do you mean I should just call my local police?

Give it a try, if they can't do anything they'll probably at least tell you who else to call, or pass it on to the proper jurisdiction.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
#7
Take the survey. Give 'inventive' answers, ask him to reread questions etc.

Don't get mad, have some fun...
#8
I was trying to think if I could sign up his phone number to get texted random junk.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
#10
I don't think it's fake, man. Indians just tend to have thick accents, and Microsoft's thelemarketing companies are settled in India.
#11
Pick up next time and tell him, "I swear, I didn't know she put bullets in the gun. I thought it was a joke" then start sobbing
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
#12
Quote by Necronomicon
how do you know he's scamming you?

Well, above all else I got in touch with Microsoft and they assured me that this guy is a scammer, and that not only are they not currently doing any surveys, they don't do unsolicited surveys at any point. Also, he has called me 3 times after I directly stated to not be called again, be taken off the list, etc. Also, he texted me.

So I figure 99% chance he's a scammer, 1% chance he's a really weird prank phone caller.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
#14
Also (Just in case it's not clear yet), when he texted me, I responded asking "If you are from Microsoft, why have you called and texted me multiple times after I directly told you to never call me again, and have done so at 1 in the morning"

He responded with "My name is Ravi. I just want to be your friend. <3"
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
#15
Quote by souperman08
Also (Just in case it's not clear yet), when he texted me, I responded asking "If you are from Microsoft, why have you called and texted me multiple times after I directly told you to never call me again, and have done so at 1 in the morning"

He responded with "My name is Ravi. I just want to be your friend. <3"

Yeah, that's just a troll.
#16
Quote by The_Casinator
Yeah, that's just a troll.

So how did a troll from New York get my phone number and decide to bug me?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
#17
put his info on some sort of internet hate machine..
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
#18
one of your friends knows him... a scammer? he didnt ask for your credit card information, social security number, or ebay account password...
#19
Quote by souperman08
So how did a troll from New York get my phone number and decide to bug me?

Random number? A prank caller wouldn't exactly be particular about who they call.
#25
Quote by SKArface McDank
one of your friends knows him... a scammer? he didnt ask for your credit card information, social security number, or ebay account password...

He said "I just want to be your friend". And he wanted me to take a survey, which I kindly denied (Which is where I'm assuming he would be asking for info)

And I just might end up on 4chan. Never posted there before
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
#26
Quote by rgrockr
Well when he calls ask him to stop, and threaten to call the police. Then if he calls again call the police. Once you warn someone to stop and they continue it legally constitutes harassment, from what I've read.

EDIT: Or alternatively,
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/740134/telemarketer_prank_call_murder_scene_hilarius/


Epic win hahahahahaha

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN


#28
Quote by LolCatGuitar
PM's?

Is that allowed? I guess there wouldn't be a way to monitor it if it wasnt........
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo