Page 1 of 5
As festival season rapidly approaches I'd like to hear what ones you'll be attending if any or if not the line ups that rock your boat. Nowadays there seem to be a countless amount of festivals going on so I'll just name the big ones that I can remember off the top of my head

Download Festival

Sonisphere

Glastonbury

Reading and Leeds (line up announced Monday at 7pm)

T In The Park

V Festival

Bloodstock

High Voltage

Oxegen

And that's all I can remember right now but if I've missed any I'll edit them into this post.

Personally I quite like the look of Download but Sonisphere does suit my taste a bit more especially with the addition of Mars Volta the other day.
TITP looks really good but sold out almost instantly and is quite a way to travel.
Glastonbury is doing nothing for me this year (but they have announced only 3 bands).
Bloodstock seems to get a bit better every year but it's still not good enough for me to go yet, I think it is definitely one to watch.
I'm eagerly awaiting the line up for Reading to come out as I have a fair few friends wishing to attend, I need to see the line up before paying £200+ to go though

So, thoughts?

Sonisphere looks the best so far. Download has Avenged and System which is awesome, but Sonisphere has better like, other bands eh. FYS, Architects, All Time Low, KIGH etc.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
V looks pretty awesome
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Sonisphere is looking top quality, especially considering the taste of music most people on this board seem to have, I'd reckon that gets the most votes here.

Big props for Hevyfest though. It's gonna slay.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Sonisphere looks the best so far. Download has Avenged and System which is awesome, but Sonisphere has better like, other bands eh. FYS, Architects, All Time Low, KIGH etc.

A7X and SOAD are both playing on the Saturday of Download, you could get a day ticket. A big hook for soni is they have the 'big four' but they don't do anything for me nowadays

Might have to get a day ticket to Sonisphere because of Mastodon, I missed them last time they were in the UK, same with Download because of System of a Down, although they will probably end up touring.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
ive been to most of the greenman festivals and they are always beautiful.

sadly cant go this year
now extra flamey
Sonisphere, the flame shield is up... but Limp Bizkit then Slipknot? Jizz.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
I don't suppose anyone goes to any of the small folk/bluegrass festivals around Scotland, like Lossiemouth and Moniave?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Wait.

SOAD are back together?! WHENWHAT
"Levelled up. Still no solos."
[img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/1405270-1.png[/img]
going to sonisphere and reading
went reading last year and the atmosphere was great, and had a good time. So unless the line up is horrifically bad, i'll be there

sonisphere mainly for the saturday but want to loads of bands over the weekend as well
Coventry City Chicago Bears
Quote by Dark Raven X
Wait.

SOAD are back together?! WHENWHAT

you didnt know??

anyways yeh, their headlining download this year
I'm off to Leeds no matter who's playing. I just bum the atmosphere there.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Glasto
2000 Trees
maybe an ATP.

so glad I'm ditching Leeds this year.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I'm glad you all get all these good festival lineups, while in Tennessee we get a Bonnaroo that consist of Lil Wayne and Eminiem.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
already bought my download ticket
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I was supposed to be losing my Glasto virginity this year - but I'm lacking funds at the moment, so I'm going to have to postpone till next year
Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.
Quote by Cal UK
2000 Trees

2000 Trees is the place to be. £59 is a bargain considering the lineup they manage to pull off every year.
Quote by Meatball200
Can't reccommend this festival enough:

http://www.standon-calling.com/

5000 capacity last year, last years lineup turned out to be ridiculously good.

Yes! Standon Calling is the best up and coming festival. I worked as bar staff last year and it was awesome, the atmosphere is great.

Also, my house is a 5 minute walk from the site which makes it even better!
Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.
Quote by BenRaah
2000 Trees is the place to be. £59 is a bargain considering the lineup they manage to pull off every year.

aye, it's my first time but I gather it's grand Frightened Rabbit are a right draw for me.

^^ that Hertfordshire festival looks ace, I'd love to see Battles and Trophy Wife are fantastic as well.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Well looking forward to Bloodstock... the lineup's looking amazing, and the Saturday's my 18th birthday!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by TheBurningFish
I don't suppose anyone goes to any of the small folk/bluegrass festivals around Scotland, like Lossiemouth and Moniave?

I'm going to the Fence Collective's Homegame, if that counts as a folk festival?

Other than that, I'm doing T in the Park and Bloodstock, for the second and third times respectively.

Looking into getting a Saturday ticket for Hop Farm Festival too. Morrissey, Lou Reed and Iggy & The Stooges for £70 is a bloody bargain.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Bloodstooooock! There are very few things in the world I'd miss seeing At The Gates for.

Also tempted to go to another one if I get a bit of money before then.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by BenRaah

If you're around Cheltenham at the end of August, there's Greenbelt.
Glastonbury and possibly Boardmasters for me, if the line-up shapes up/I have money/I can get time off from work.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Quote by andyscoot
I bet AtG will be rubbish compared to them in 2008.

Possibly, but it's my first and most likely last chance to see them. Don't piss on my bonfire
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by andyscoot
I bet AtG will be rubbish compared to them in 2008.

Then there's still Nevermore, Devin Townsend, Immortal, Morbid Angel, Therion, Motorhead, WASP, Rhapsody of Fire, Triptykon, Napalm Death, Lawnmower Deth and others
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by eazy-c
I'm going to the Fence Collective's Homegame, if that counts as a folk festival?

Not even heard of it
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
got my Sonisphere ticket

I really want to go to Bloodstock on the sunday, but all the buddies aren't into extreme genres of metal *shakes fist angrily* i NEED to see ATG!
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
I'm going to Glasto this year with about ten mates, should be decent.

I want to go to Hevy too, but I can't really afford it. It's well near to my parent's house too.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by the_astronaut
I'm going to Glasto this year with about ten mates, should be decent.

I want to go to Hevy too, but I can't really afford it. It's well near to my parent's house too.

oh i WISH i can go to glastonbury
the tickets sold out in 4 hours lol
Page 1 of 5