I don't know if it is because of my action or because I recently changed strings but I am now using Elixir Light Acoustic Nanoweb strings and it sounds beautiful when I play near the head but as soon as a go further up(down?) it sounds stiff. The strings don't "ring" as much. If I use a Capo and play the same chords higher up the neck they sound awful, I didn't use to have this problem with my old strings. Is it because these new might require different action or is it because that is the way they sound?
I use Elixir strings on all of my guitars, they sound consistent along the neck.
What strings did you have before? Do the new strings buzz?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
They don't buzz. I think I had Ernie Ball strings before. Dunno which model though.
if your action is too low, your strings will buzz. if your action is too high, your strings will be stiff and too hard to play. if your strings are stiff in some areas and softer to play in others, it could be you have too much neck relief, which could be a result of using different tension strings or just normal life. or you could just not like these particular strings.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Mar 18, 2011,
Quote by patticake
if your action is too low, your strings will buzz. if your action is too high, your strings will be stiff and too hard to play. if your strings are stiff in some areas and softer to play in others, it could be you have too much neck relief, which could be a result of using different tension strings or just normal life. or you could just not like these particular strings.

Yeah, they are stiff in some areas and softer on other areas. Is it easy for someone who has never adjusted the neck relief to do it himself or do you recommend going to a guitar shop?
i'd recommend going to a shop. it could be a truss rod tweak, could be a change of action. sounds like the strings aren't the same tension as the ones that were on it before but it could be too high humidity where you keep your guitar.

btw, do you know the humidity where you keep your guitar?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Apr 15, 2011,
Quote by artiq
Yeah, they are stiff in some areas and softer on other areas. Is it easy for someone who has never adjusted the neck relief to do it himself or do you recommend going to a guitar shop?

what gauge were your old strings compared to the ones you have now? if it scares you too much to touch the relief on your acoustic then don't do it, if you decide to, only adjust your truss rod tiny amounts at a time, because it doesn't adjust as you turn it, it takes a while after for it to settle in.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.