I want a new guitar.
(right now i have a squier strat which is okay i guess but that doesn't matter)

I have searched every guitar maker i know of on the net and pretty much narrowed it down to Paul Reed Smiths
...or maybe Schecter but i'm not so sure about that.

I know these beauties come at rather high prices so is there anyone here that owns one or knows about the guitars who can give me some suggestions?

- price range: £600 max. maybe a bit over

- 22 frets min.

- Trrrremolo. (if it has a FR i'll take it, otherwise it's not vital )

- maybe Shaped something like the Dave Navarro, I love that guitar but it's way too expensive.

[- Dealers around London are handy enough for me, ( if there's no-one in the Venice/Treviso area )]
Last edited by Basti95 at Mar 16, 2011,
The SE Torero is exactly what you're looking for. http://prsguitars.com/setorero/
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
You'd be lucky to find a Torero for less than £800. The regular PRS SE Custom 24 is the closest you'll find for around the £600 mark. If you're set on the white look of the Navarro model then you're limited pretty much to finding an old Santana II. I know there's a white one on eBay right now, dunno how much it's going for.
Last edited by grohl1987 at Mar 16, 2011,
The Mikael Akerfeldt signature retails for £639 and has 24 frets, a non locking tremolo and is shaped similarly to the guitar you posted (the left body joins onto the neck like a les paul though.

It's distributed in the UK at some shops as I bought mine in person in Birmingham, so you'd probably be able to find it in London. Page here - http://www.prsguitars.com/semikaelakerfeldt/index.php
The new SE Custom 24 or the Mikael Akerfeldt sig fits what you are looking for nicely and the SE models are some the the best guitars made in their price range.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Hmmm the SE custom 24s are cool, I like them I only hope the 25th anniversary ones are still around and at good prices this summer...i'm dead set on PRS though!!!
I have a 2002 CE 22 which is the bolt-on verion of the Custom 22, all I can say is it is friggin awesome. I have heard about the SE line and for the price they are a very good deal for someone who doesent have the $$ to shell out. I bought mine new for only $1525.00 tax included!! The vintage yellow is by far the bestt color IMHO, killer qulit top. Even the Tremonti SE is pretty nice and its cheeper still. But unfortunately the SE line will always be shy of the USA made PRS in tone and wood.
Quote by Basti95
Hmmm the SE custom 24s are cool, I like them I only hope the 25th anniversary ones are still around and at good prices this summer...i'm dead set on PRS though!!!

They still have a few new 25th anniversary ones but they just release another one at the same price as they were in orange and tri-sunburst.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!