Hey all,
I am trying to get more into Jazz and Spanish guitar styles. However, I am looking for something mainstream. I am not great at learning by ear so it would help to recommend someone who has a number of tabs/guitar pro tabs readily available.
If it helps I am a big fan of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix. I like the combination of both chords and solos in songs (Pride and Joy, All Along the Watchtower) so blues was a natural attraction to me for the past 7 years of playing. However, now I am looking for something fresh. I am not looking for strictly rythm guitar as solo's are where I find the blues really come alive and would like to transfer that over to these other genres. Jazz/spanish guitar seems like the next logical step for me but I don't know many popular people other than Santana (who I do like as well)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone could suggest someone, a song or even an album I can get on itunes I would gladly dedicate my first platinum selling album to you.......or I will at least be very thankful in the event that this doesn't happen.
Thanks all,

J
Al di Meola,Allan Holdsworth,Steve Vai(Uses very odd sounding patterns at times),Django Reinhardt(Good ol’jazz)...
To be honest I have just started getting into jazz myself..I find it really helpful to listen to jazz radio stations on Itunes...they’ve got some really good stuff going..
I’d say don’t look at particular artists..Listen to the genre as a whole...Everything you can lay your hands(read-ears)on..It makes more sense to me atleast...
Best of luck man
Cheers!
it's hard to answer because Spanish and Jazz seems a bit contradictory and vastly different...

But as far as "normal" picking is concerned, Django is complex and challenging... you can only get better with gypsy jazz...

Spanish music to me is Flamenco (Paco de lucia...) or Classical (Andres segovia...), very far from Jazz...
Quote by Tchekitchek
it's hard to answer because Spanish and Jazz seems a bit contradictory and vastly different...

But as far as "normal" picking is concerned, Django is complex and challenging... you can only get better with gypsy jazz...

Spanish music to me is Flamenco (Paco de lucia...) or Classical (Andres segovia...), very far from Jazz...

Jazz/flamenco fusion is quite common to classify as spanish jazz/gypsy jazz
Chick Corea! Especially the first two (or was it 3) return to forever albums. Check out "Spain"

and a Stan Getz album called Captain Marvel
john mclaughlin, al di meola, paco de lucia (check you tube..) do some trio work with jazz/flamenco flavors..they take it to new heights and their three different styles blend in a wonderful amalgam of melody and rhythm

play well

well