Page 1 of 3
So we always talk about how great things were when we were kids, right? Sesame Street had COOKIE Monster, not Veggie Monster, Rocko's Modern Life was amazing, and somehow parents still let their kids watch Ren and Stimpy.

But as a teen, or twenty-something, would you ever wear a Rocko's Modern Life t-shirt? Or a sesame street toque? As an example we recently got in Elmo Toques, and I think they are really cool and soft, but a lot of my friends say it would be lame to wear it. Whatever, they are idiots, and I do what I want!

TD;LR, would you wear things like t-shirts, toques, whatever, of stuffy you liked as a kid?
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Chuck E. Cheese. It was fun even up til the age of 14 where you could it could at least pass as ironic... now the thought of being around that many kids fighting over tickets for a crazy-colored koosh ball is slightly nauseating.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Chuck E. Cheese. It was fun even up til the age of 14 where you could it could at least pass as ironic... now the thought of being around that many kids fighting over tickets for a crazy-colored koosh ball is slightly nauseating.

Oh god, this. This so many times it would make a fractal look like an children's book.
Quote by rotten_days
So we always talk about how great things were when we were kids, right? Sesame Street had COOKIE Monster, not Veggie Monster, Rocko's Modern Life was amazing, and somehow parents still let their kids watch Ren and Stimpy.

But as a teen, or twenty-something, would you ever wear a Rocko's Modern Life t-shirt? Or a sesame street toque? As an example we recently got in Elmo Toques, and I think they are really cool and soft, but a lot of my friends say it would be lame to wear it. Whatever, they are idiots, and I do what I want!

TD;LR, would you wear things like t-shirts, toques, whatever, of stuffy you liked as a kid?

Yes I would
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Yeah sure I would

and thanks for reminding me about that show, haven't seen it in years.
+1 to Chuck E. Cheese.

To get deeper... socializing and having fun seemed more fun as kids, hanging out with people before there was awkwardness.

/emo
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Self harm, ruled as a child but when you hit your teens you get called emo pfft what do emos know but now im "grown up" its fun again!
Quote by Doonan
building forts in the loungeroom

edit: who am i kidding, thats still bloody awesome.

This.
I tore out all the couch cushions, raided the linen closet for bedsheets, got some chairs, and made my own little Helms Deep. Needless to say, no girls were allowed..
hue
Quote by vintage x metal

I see your Chuck E. Cheese and raise you a Discovery Zone.

I dunno how many other people remember these places, but they were like huge play areas, kinda like what McDonald's has, but about 10x as big, and approximately 50x better. Too bad they went out of business.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Rap battles about random gibberish used to be fun, but now they bore me.

Also, I used to love Runescape. Like, from 9 'til 14 I spent my life on that game. Now, I play it 3 or 4 times a year.
What's the point of living if you're not living a dream?
Quote by rotten_days

If i ever found a rockos modern life or ren and stimpy shirt i'd buy out the stores whole stock I'd be like a cartoon, same shirt every single day, because i have 5000 of em.

Quote by vintage x metal

**** YEE chuck E cheese

i went to chuck E cheese for like every birthday up until i was 10 or 11, that place ****ing ruled lol.

I love shit from my childhood. I mean, id probably only be entertained by it briefly, and it probably wouldnt live up to my insane expectations ive built up over the years lol but i ****ing love that shit lmao
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
I don't really care about looking like a dweeb by wearing stuff like that. I have a lemmings shirt that I still wear quite alot.
GEAR:
Ibanez SR605
Some 71' P-Bass
Orange Bass Terror 500 > Markbass 4x10
Quote by Doonan
building forts in the loungeroom

edit: who am i kidding, thats still bloody awesome.

this and building forts in the snow
I used to do stuff just to see what would happen or because I hadnt done it. Like one time on the McDonalds playground when I was 4 I randomly punched my friend in the nose...
you're a stone fox
Quote by Tom 1.0
Warhammer 40k.

The RTS Game?

It still kicks ass.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by vagelier
Sex.

455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by jazar94
Rap battles about random gibberish used to be fun, but now they bore me.

Also, I used to love Runescape. Like, from 9 'til 14 I spent my life on that game. Now, I play it 3 or 4 times a year.

Oh yes! I still have a character that used to be a member, lol. But I also played the original runescape, where you had sleeping bags and everybody was made of out big squares.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
The RTS Game?

It still kicks ass.

No.

the table top game

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Warhammer 40k.

This is true.

As an adult, the Warhammer Fantasy Battle is far superior.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by blizzboy

I dunno how many other people remember these places, but they were like huge play areas, kinda like what McDonald's has, but about 10x as big, and approximately 50x better. Too bad they went out of business.

I remember having my birthday there once when I was very young, and I was the coolest kid in kindergarten for the rest of the year.

Also: Fuck yeah Grand Slam.
rug rats
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I have a Rocko's Modern Life pin on one of my jackets. And I have a hat with nothing but Muppet pins all over it.
Quote by vintage x metal

We took our friend to Chuck E. Cheese for her sixteenth birthday and they don't even have the band anymore. They had this lame Newsroom setup thing. It was really disappointing. Then we all got into trouble for being in the tunnels. The manager came over to us and insisted two of our friends were making out in there according to some kids. Which is funny because the two of them are brother and sister. So it makes it seem like some parents complained, or the manager was just making assumptions. I got into an argument with the manager because he said they want to keep it G rated there. And I was like, "But you sell alcohol here? WTF, bro?" Anyway, you have to be over 21 to get in there without an adult, and I think I was 18 at the time or something. So they tried refusing to let us leave. I laughed.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Mar 16, 2011,
I think they called it Discovery Zone, because in the back of the place there would be a pedophile and you'd "discover" something...
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
I think they called it Discovery Zone, because in the back of the place there would be a pedophile and you'd "discover" something...

I dunno if the other states had it, but we had Tumble Drum which is probably like Discovery Zone. They had to change the name after a kid DID get molested there.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Laser tag. Nowadays it's just awkward.

Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
MY last experience with Playplaces was at a McDonald's when I saw a kid puke on the climbing steps part of one in the entrance. It wasn't so bad until it took 20 minutes for a worker to come clean it up... and by then kids had played in it and moved it around everywhere.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I used to play in my sandbox every day when I was young. I would build race tracks for my Hot Wheels with jumps and pits and moats and everything. After about age 8 though, it started to get kinda lame.
http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/Ghostbusters_Backpack_Proton_Pack

THIS is awesome. Ghostbusters Proton pack...

I just had a pretty in depth conversation about the 90s disney movies... they are awesome. way better then this hannah montanna non sense

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Quote by rotten_days
http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/Ghostbusters_Backpack_Proton_Pack

THIS is awesome. Ghostbusters Proton pack...

I just had a pretty in depth conversation about the 90s disney movies... they are awesome. way better then this hannah montanna non sense

Aladdin FTW
I would rock a rockos modern life shirt. I would rock a heffer shirt too.

Any other shows i wouldnt. rockos modern life is amazing.

What changed for me was when i was a kid to a teen was Wrestling Action Figures.

I use to play with them with my friend when we was like 8-12 or some young number.

Well one day when i was 17-18 i went to my boys house with that same friend. my boy has a lil brother who was 11 at the time. we took out his wrestling set and all the toys.
10-15mins in we realized our imagination is WAYYYY OFFFF..
then we smoked more weed and forgot about it.
Kids are innocent at first.
Pokemon and Yugioh. I stopped playing pokemon when I was in 3rd grade and Yugioh in 5th and for some reason alot of people still play it.

GROW UP.
pinga
Quote by blizzboy

DISCOVERY ZONE KICKED ASS!!! I used to go there religiously as a kid. But, to answer the initial question, yes I would and still do with pride!
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I dunno if the other states had it, but we had Tumble Drum which is probably like Discovery Zone. They had to change the name after a kid DID get molested there.
We had Discovery Zone here. I only went there once, but it was awesome.

Also, I'd still go to Chuck E. Cheese if it was socially acceptable. The "adult" versions are not the same.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Cb4rabid

GROW UP.

When I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur, I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world, I made my arms short and I roamed the back yard, I chased the neighborhood cats, I growled and I roared, everybody knew me and was afraid of me, and one day my dad said "Bobby you are 17, it's time to throw childish things aside" and I said "OK Pop", but he didn't really say that he said that "Stop being a ****ing dinosaur and get a job".

oh ya

Quote by GisleAune
Snow days used to be so good. Getting up in the morning and checking the news to see if your school was closed, then back to bed for a few hours and then spending the whole day out with friends messing around.

Now I'm older, snow is not fun. Just inconvenient.
Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.
Page 1 of 3