Evening pit.

Tomorrow, my HS is having a music competition. I'm doing two songs, One instrumental - the solo from Sweet Child O' Mine, and the other as part of a band - I won't name it though as you'll all laugh hysterically before declaring me a homosexual.

Let's just say Jack Black and lots of school children. *shudder*

Anyway, thing is, although I've played 2000 people before with no nerves whatsover, that was just a song consisting of powerchords. Tomorrow, they'll be about 500 people who I'll have to play three solos to. One of the members of the audience is this girl I like

I know the solos well but dammit pit I get so nervous. There was a soundcheck today and even though there was only about five people in the hall, I kept making mistakes because I couldn't focus because people were watching me.

Tomorrow I have to play in front of 100x that amount of people.

What the hell does pit do to stop themselves from shitting themselves on stage?
Quote by Trowzaa
I often look at 15 year olds and think "I would of boned her 5 or 6 years ago."
Oh, so you're going to be that kid?

Well good luck.

Quote by Pezza8809
Hide behind the train on the stage while you play

Also this, I just couldn't think of a witty joke myself.

homo.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Tell them all you're Jack Black. It can't get any worse from there, and so your music will seem good in comparison.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I don't.

It's a good thing that you're nervous - It means you care about the crowd and how the music works for them, and it means you're going to get an adrenaline rush when things get going. That rush is going to push everything back at the first cheer you hear, and you'll be the fucking king of the world on that stage. You'll go beyond what you would've done without it.

The Beatles had stage fright. Sinatra had stage fright. Steven Tyler has stage fright. Everyone has stage fright, from the busker down the street to the guys packing stadiums. Don't worry about it, just keep your anxiety from getting to you right before the show - Walk around, talk to yourself, whatever works.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Sometimes less equipment shipping is better.
Say goodnight to the world...
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. "

TURBO BASS get.
Last.fm My Original Musics
Quote by Doha
I've played 2000 people before with no nerves whatsover

YOU SLUT!
What's the point of living if you're not living a dream?
Forgot to mention, don't worry about hitting every note - As long as it isn't something horridly off like hitting an Ab when you meant to hit a G or playing out of time, or something else big, they won't care.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
Forgot to mention, don't worry about hitting every note - As long as it isn't something horridly off like hitting an Ab when you meant to hit a G or playing out of time, or something else big, they won't care.

This is great advice. 90% of the people there won't know the difference anyway.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I drink a ton of redbull. Then I don't care. And then my songs go like ten times faster. I've also threatened to loop noise if I encounter any hostility.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Fright
Quote by Trowzaa
You played 2000 people? What models would you recommend? I play a lot of punk rock and blues, and am looking for a warm, heavy sound.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by Next Hendrix
You played 2000 people? What models would you recommend? I play a lot of punk rock and blues, and am looking for a warm, heavy sound.

I used to live in Wales, (small country bordering England) every year there's this national festival thing, my school asked me to do the Welsh national anthem in chords accompanying a choir, that's how I came about playing 2000 people.

I played my Ibanez SA260fml through a Line6 Spider IV that had a microphone in front of it so I was pretty much hooked up to the speakers on the stage.

I like the same, so for punk I like high gain and treb, mids at about 5o'c and bass around 4o'c, presence up. For Blues, I tone it down a bit, by lowering the treble a bit, lower the gain a pinch, increase the mids.

The Punk setting will give you a screaming, heavy sound, and toning it down to the blues settings would make it warmer
Quote by Trowzaa
Last edited by Doha at Mar 16, 2011,
Quote by Doha
I used to live in Wales, (small country bordering England)

this man right here is a pure genius.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I thought the thread title was a pun and this was going to be a funny video of a play with a train or something. I am severely disappoint.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
This thread is much more amusing than I expected
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Doha
I used to live in Wales, (small country bordering England) every year there's this national festival thing, my school asked me to do the Welsh national anthem in chords accompanying a choir, that's how I came about playing 2000 people.

I played my Ibanez SA260fml through a Line6 Spider IV that had a microphone in front of it so I was pretty much hooked up to the speakers on the stage.

I like the same, so for punk I like high gain and treb, mids at about 5o'c and bass around 4o'c, presence up. For Blues, I tone it down a bit, by lowering the treble a bit, lower the gain a pinch, increase the mids.

The Punk setting will give you a screaming, heavy sound, and toning it down to the blues settings would make it warmer

Quote by Next Hendrix

I'd go with this model, to be honest -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you