What the hell is this guitar? I can't find anything about it online - does anyone have pics/specs? A guy is offering to trade me one and I don't wanna respond to him without having at least a small clue as to what the guitar is.
Tell him no.

Either he doesn't know what the **** he's talking about, or the guitar's a fake.

The Fender Showmaster was a super-strat Fender made in the 80s.
The Fender Esquire is a one pick-up Telecaster.

Either way, unless the guitar is in mint condition, or is an original Esquire (they have a whole ton of reissues), it's not worth a lot. Maybe worth $300-$350.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Its not a fake. Its not particular valuable though its a MIK super-"tele". Single humbucker, neck thru, etc.

I don't think they where ever badged as a showmaster but they where in the same "lineup" as the 00's MIK fender showmasters.

Also FWIW i don't recall any "showmasters" in the 80s as far as i know that was a late 90s/00s thing really. They had HM strats, contemporary strats and heartfields back in the early 90s late 80s but showmasters was a newer thing correct me if im wrong..
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Mar 16, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus

Also FWIW i don't recall any "showmasters" in the 80s as far as i know that was a late 90s/00s thing really. They had HM strats, contemporary strats and heartfields back in the early 90s late 80s but showmasters was a newer thing correct me if im wrong..

Yeah, you're right. They were from the late 90s not the late 80s, I went back and looked it up. I guess I was just thinking 80s cause that's when Superstrats were most popular.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi