SET UP:
Epiphone LP Standard w/ Stock Pickups
Line 6 Spider 4 15w
Digitech rp355

RANDOM INFO:
Genre: Rock, Blues, Soft
Budget: 650$ (700$, but my preferance is 650$)
City: Louisville KY
Future Interest: Roland GR-55 Synthesizer, A good amp, a nice set of pickups that will play Rock/Metal/Blues, Better Guitar

which would be better for small gigs, and my genres that i enjoy

THANKS
I'm a total amp noob, but two weeks ago I got my VoxAC15C1 and I love it. It sounds very warm and mostly very clear. I like playing blues too and it sounds great on this amp.
Out of those 3 I'd definitely choose the VOX AC15. It sounds great for those styles.
But check out some other amps too, eg: Peavey Classic 30, Fender Blues Junior, Egnater Tweaker, H&K 25th Anniversary Edition.
If you go used, you can some find great deals as well.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
AC15s are great but for $650 you could get an AC30, which would be much better. Although, it doesn't do metal too well.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I second (or third, or fourth, who's counting?) the Vox.

Quote by diceksox1809
AC15s are great but for $650 you could get an AC30, which would be much better. Although, it doesn't do metal too well.

Where can you get an AC30 for $650? I've never seen one - even used - under $850...AC15's are $600 new...
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Last edited by sonic_777111 at Mar 16, 2011,
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
so if i was to say, want a heavier tone (metal) out of any of these amps, would i have to buy a specific pedal to go along with them, i have the Digitech rp355 and it has metal settings, but would it work with these amps?
Yes, you'd have to buy a distortion pedal if you want to play metal on the VOX (the Blackstar handles metal well).
The Digitech would work as well, but using a cheap multi-fx unit through a nice tube amp isn't the best idea.
If you play metal most of the time I'd look into other amps, but for blues and rock the VOX is a great choice.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
I have a Vox AC15C1 (It is EXTREMELY important to get the C1 NOT the CC1). The C1 has a better speaker (celestion greenback vs. some random one before that I don't remember), additional tubeage, and a much easier way to change tubes. I play post-rock, ambient, rock, worship, etc... and its a perfect match for me. Now the limitations you're going to encounter are probably going to be clean headroom, but if you mic the amp that problem goes away. Also, there is no effects loop and no channel switching, but that doesn't really get in my way.

If you want a heavy metal tone, you're going to need some effects but it takes them quite well.

If you do end up getting the AC15C1 I recommend: tube change, bright cap mod, tonestack toggle mod, normal channel bright cap toggle. Having these greatly increases the amount of control you have over EQ and tone, and are quite easy to do by yourself, if not by a tech.

Any more questions let me know!
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
^ Or find a CC1 with all of those mods.

I bought a CC1 with a bright switch mod, a red coat speaker in it, and a few other minor changes. Sounds great.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Not only that but the C1 also has much better jacks and switches, and a tone cut control on the master volume and an additional tube for the TB channel... Buying a new speaker for the CC1 would set you back a lot more than just getting the C1 right off the bat.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
alright, so if i was to buy the AC15C1, what recommendations could you give me for a good distortion footpedal and some good tubes to play rock/metal AND softer stuff like blues, or is that possible
ps, im new to the whole terminology of amps, considering i just started getting interested in a REALLY good amp about 4 months ago...but what does Headroom mean? im assuming it means the reverb? or maybe the actually clearity of the clean setting....lol i've heard everything from digital, to synthetic, to ballsy...i mean, i've been playing guitars for a little over 9 years with a dinky little Line 6 Spider 4 15w...i finally figured it was time to upgrade lol
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
but what does Headroom mean? im assuming it means the reverb? or maybe the actually clearity of the clean setting....

Second thing you said was closer. Headroom usually refers to how loud you can turn the amp up before the power tubes or speakers (usually power tubes) start to distort. Generally refers to clean amps.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
I use a Big Muff germanium with my AC15. Works well I guess. It would just be hard to get any ideal tones out of it that you'll love. It does okay

You most definatly won't get the distortion your looking for with the distortion from the amp.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!