I'm soon to be gigging, I have a hefty 150w combo bass amp, should I get a amp head?

So I'm thinking that my amp at the moment is either going to be too big to take around or too small to be heard at a gig, should I get a decent amp head as well so I can use the venue's cabinets? I don't know very much about this sort of thing so please tell me the pro's and con's of both
Never heard of a hefty 150w combo, bs aside you need to hear it on stage, you can normally go direct out of your combo into the mixer if need be for the house mix.
^ ah I am a scrawny 16 year old and I have a bad history of struggling to bring my amp up flights of stairs
Quote by jam tabby
^ ah I am a scrawny 16 year old and I have a bad history of struggling to bring my amp up flights of stairs

So your band mates wont help you or what ?
Quote by jam tabby
So I'm thinking that my amp at the moment is either going to be too big to take around or too small to be heard at a gig, should I get a decent amp head as well so I can use the venue's cabinets? I don't know very much about this sort of thing so please tell me the pro's and con's of both

I've never seen a place where they have their own cabinets and expect you to bring a head. On rare occasions a venue will have it's own full bass stack w/ head and sometimes if there's a lot of people on the bill, an organizing group will provide a stack for everyone to use, but I don't ever see the need for just having a head.

Keep the combo for now, DI it out to the PA and use it for monitor volume and see how well that works. If you need more on stage power after trying that out or you have a lot of gigs coming up with no PA support It's time to get even heavier, and invest in a a cab and head.

You're young-- start building those rig-hauling muscles while it's super easy to do
get your asshole band members to help you move shit.

in my band we all move everything. we all grab pieces of the drums, usually me and the bassist move his cab together., and we all make trips back for guitars/basses/mics/pedals/whatever.
no sir away a papaya war is on