So my friend bought a Washburn Maverick BT-9 from a thrift store for $40. Needs a new output jack and a new cap, but it's also go a crack under the bridge.

We weren't sure whether or not to break it off completely and then re-glue it or try to glue it as is.


With the amount off wood glue you would have to use to fix it , it will probably hurt the guitars tone.
Would Gorilla Glue or Elmers Nano glue work for gluing it back in? I know you're only supposed to use special kinds of glue for this sort of thing.

How would you go about putting a new block in? The crack goes into the trem area.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Mar 16, 2011,
Gorilla glue should (no experience). Everyone on here and I will vouche for Titebond.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
We broke it off, and now it's a choice between Gorilla Glue that's glued shut and Elmers Nano glue.
elmers has worked for me before, wood glue is actually stronger than the wood itself so you'll do fine
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!