So Pit, me and my dad were talking one day and we got to talking about an automatic lawn mower. We both kind of thought it was a cool idea so I think this weekending we are going to come up with some designs for a small-meduim sized mower. Some smaller and some for larger areas such as a field.

Now some of the feature we've seen on current un-manned mowers is that most of them are RC (evatech). What we were thinking was making it automatic (as stated above) so you pretty much turn it on and go play guitar or whatever you want. We've Already thought about saftey features so like a dog or little kid doesnt get mawled if they just so happen to be in its path.

My dad is very skilled in automation, electronics, senors, ect ect and has told me countless times over the past week that it is easily possible. Easily making it able to stay in a certain area, sence for objects to turn away from, etc etc. I was thinking about taking it a step further and developing an iOS app and/or computer software so you can monitor, schedule, and even have live video feed from your desk or iProduct.

Another thing is cost. Obviously the biggest wall in the whole deal. We think we can swing it for around the price of a mid-high rage riding mower. The other day my dad went and asked a store owner about it and the owner seemed pretty excited for it even said he would love to be the first to sell them at his hardware store.

So Pit, what do you think if executed well?
Too late, I'm gonna steal your idea and patent it before Twist of fate
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by Twist of fate
Too late, I'm gonna steal your idea

I already did. I even started a company in that time:

Haha, how about that?
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
You just have to plant your grass from the seed, discipline it when necessary, wait about 13 years and boom. Emo grass.

It'll cut itself.
There's a version of Roomba for lawns, I think. Lawnba, if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Why would you want to make it automated?
Those things are fun to ride.
You are the overlord of small shrubs and grass.
Quote by Somekid94
You just have to plant your grass from the seed, discipline it when necessary, wait about 13 years and boom. Emo grass.

It'll cut itself.

we already have plants that can kill themselves thanks to terminator seeds. It's a real thing that could actually kill food production
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol
Quote by Somekid94

It'll cut itself.

Well shit, should of thought of that
Quote by guitar-guy69
we already have plants that can kill themselves thanks to terminator seeds. It's a real thing that could actually kill food production

Cut and kill are different things....

But I think I see your point.
Quote by lespaulisgod
So Pit, me and my dad were talking one day and we got to talking about an automatic lawn mower. We both kind of thought it was a cool idea so I think this weekending we are going to come up with some designs for a small-meduim sized mower. Some smaller and some for larger areas such as a field.

Now some of the feature we've seen on current un-manned mowers is that most of them are RC (evatech). What we were thinking was making it automatic (as stated above) so you pretty much turn it on and go play guitar or whatever you want. We've Already thought about saftey features so like a dog or little kid doesnt get mawled if they just so happen to be in its path.

My dad is very skilled in automation, electronics, senors, ect ect and has told me countless times over the past week that it is easily possible. Easily making it able to stay in a certain area, sence for objects to turn away from, etc etc. I was thinking about taking it a step further and developing an iOS app and/or computer software so you can monitor, schedule, and even have live video feed from your desk or iProduct.

Another thing is cost. Obviously the biggest wall in the whole deal. We think we can swing it for around the price of a mid-high rage riding mower. The other day my dad went and asked a store owner about it and the owner seemed pretty excited for it even said he would love to be the first to sell them at his hardware store.

So Pit, what do you think if executed well?

LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Silent Murder
You are the overlord of small shrubs and grass.

I would sig this if I had the space.

Anyways, it sounds like a good idea
Maybe you could make it possible to control it from your computer?
Quote by Oyface
I would sig this if I had the space.

Anyways, it sounds like a good idea
Maybe you could make it possible to control it from your computer?

We thought about that too, we could do it. And that would be a great way to scare the hell outta the neighborhood kids
Quote by Somekid94
Cut and kill are different things....

But I think I see your point.

i know. I just wanted to bring up those seeds because that is scary shit, do we really need a plant that lasts one year before it kills itself? These big companies will be the death of us all!
Hello Will You Be My Freind?
Quote by guitar-guy69
i knocked a girl up once but thank the lord it died inside her

Quote by guitar-guy69
Guitar-guy69 your the best

Quote by guitar-guy69
my penis floats when its in the water so it always looks hard

Hello my name is guy i like my women naked and aroused lol
Quote by lespaulisgod
And that would be a great way to scare the hell outta the neighborhood kids

I like the way you think ..
Well i personally think this is a pretty awesome idea. I thought about it like 10 years ago, and if i had any bit of knowledge i would've started making them. Unfortunately i lack any bit of knowledge, and therefore just mowed my lawn with a walk behind mower for 10 years hoping someone else would make an automatic one for me. So if you do succeed in this, tell me and i'll be your first buyer!

Don't bother. It's been tried and tried.

Important Edit: Meaning, don't try it with the intent of marketing it and becoming rich. It's undoubtedly an interesting project to tinker around with.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Mar 16, 2011,
You, when I was a kid, my mom always bitched at me to cut the crass and stuff. I did it time from time. Then I realized I have a younger brother.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by BrokenDstring

I was gonna make a Mexican joke, but whatever.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE