Does anyone have one of these gizmo's on their floyd?
Think it's worth paying $50 for easy drop D tuning?

I'm getting my jackson and i like to switch between standard and dropped tuning a LOT.

is it worth it, or is it pretty easy to drop tune?

also, any thoughts on the tremol-no?

This dude has both set up on his guitar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTdvDJcQ9jo
There pretty cool little devices, espescially if you are playing drop tuned songs live with a floyd and need to goto drop D on the fly. Though remember to use one of these you have to set your floyd to dive only mode, like Eddie has on his. I prefer this over the tremolno.
I have one, I couldn't put it on my Jackson because this requires a certain structure of the Floyd where there the locking saddle pegs aren't close to the body. It also works for D standard to drop C.
Do these really work? I would have thought that dropping the tuning on one string would cause the other 5 strings to go out of tune, or have I missed the point?
^ no, you haven't missed the point, you're completely correct, the trem needs to be set to dive only so that doesn't happen.

which jackson do you have? it doesn't work on all floyds- a lot of jacksons have low profile floyds, and it doesn't work on those, and it doesn't work on recessed floyds either, unless you use a tremol-no or something like that, and only use the d-tuna when you have the trem in dive-only or hardtail mode.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ no, you haven't missed the point, you're completely correct, the trem needs to be set to dive only so that doesn't happen.

which jackson do you have? it doesn't work on all floyds- a lot of jacksons have low profile floyds, and it doesn't work on those, and it doesn't work on recessed floyds either, unless you use a tremol-no or something like that, and only use the d-tuna when you have the trem in dive-only or hardtail mode.

My Jackson has a pretty low Floyd, I had to put it on my LTD after shimming up my trem so I couldn't pull it up. The one problem I have is that even with light trem use with the D-tuna on, I lose tuning. If that influences your opinion at all, it may just be my guitar.
Last edited by booby50 at Mar 16, 2011,
Had one on my Dean for a while, the rout was too shallow for the D-tuna and took a lot of fine tuning for it to work right. It did work decently, but it seemed to go out of tune a bit, and wasnt worth the hassle so I uninstalled it. My buddy has one on his Peavey Wolfgang though, which is a dive only style floyd in the first place, and it fits great on there and works well every time. Basically it depends on the guitar and the routing.
damn, id have to buy a schaller to use a d tuna.

does anyone else switch to drop d a lot? and does it take long to set up the floyd for it?