Is this safe? I think it would sound kind of cool to play an acoustic guitar through a normal guitar amp and pedals. I just don't want my speaker to turn to shreds.

Meric Long of Dodos does something like this, but he uses full hollowbodies, not bona-fide acoustic guitars.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Acoustic amplifiers just have controls and equalizers that compliment acoustic guitar tones better than an electric guitar's would. The only difference is how you control the tone, not anything that would damage anything. Perfectly safe, your tone just won't be perfect.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
AFIAK there isn't a problem with it, I do it sometimes myself.

Depending on effects and such, you may run into feedback problems. I'd suggest purchasing a sound-hole cover to remedy that problem if you rub into it.

What sort of effects are you thinking about using?
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
No, your amp will die and you will explode.

naa, I'm just being silly.. It'll work and I've done it.. It doesn't sound as nice as an acoustic amp but it works.. there's just less "roundness".
John Butler plugs his Maton acoustics through Marshall heads and tuns Tubescreamers, wahs and delays in his signal chain. No problems there.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.