Hi all

I can't seem to get a good sound when pulling off to the high E string on my MIJ Squier Strat.

The song I'm attempting to play is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol3zgrD-gV0.

e|------------------12p0--10p0-----------------|
B|------10p0--12p0--------------12p0--10p0--12-| 
G|----9----------------------------------------|-
D|-10-------10----10----10----10----10----10---| 
A|---------------------------------------------| 
D|---------------------------------------------|

I've tried both raising and lowering the action on the string but no avail.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance
The trick is to pull it a little when pulling off so that the open string can ring.

Edit: I really do mean a little. Enough to catch your finger as you raise it.
Last edited by Silent Murder at Mar 16, 2011,
Kind of difficult to tell without seeing your technique to be honest, is there anyway you can post a video of you trying to play it?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I can't post a video as I have no way of recording guitar onto my computer.

Essentially what is happening is I'm pulling off but the e string is flicking off of the neck which means it's not ringing out. I can pull of perfectly on the b string.
Quote by Ghefly
I can't post a video as I have no way of recording guitar onto my computer.

Essentially what is happening is I'm pulling off but the e string is flicking off of the neck which means it's not ringing out. I can pull of perfectly on the b string.

Then the problem is probably that your pull-off motion is too big and exaggerated, make it smaller and you should be good to go, although the practice may take a while if you've practiced the larger motion a lot.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.