I just noticed on Gibson's website that the Studio Fadeds now come with carved maple tops instead of being all mahogany....and the price stays the same, MAP $799.

Anyway, it looks like you can now get all the important elements of what makes an LP and LP cheaper than ever. Really makes you question the >$500 upcharge for grain filler and opaque finish on the non-faded studios.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Faded.aspx
Last edited by webwarmiller at Mar 16, 2011,
bad link. That's good news though. I've heard mixed things on the faded Gibsons, this should help them be a better value.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
My 2008 Faded has a maple top and grain filler. Paid $850 for mine, new.

Must be the models that had no grain filler and burstbuckers.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Mar 16, 2011,
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
My 2008 Faded has a maple top and grain filler.
Must be the models that had no grain filler and burstbuckers.

Yes, it's the studio fadeds without the grain filler and burstbuckers. Regardless the main point is that they are still $799 and you now get the traditional construction of mahogany body with maple cap. I know a lot of people didn't consider the all mahogany faded LP's true LPs due to the missing maple cap.
Last edited by webwarmiller at Mar 16, 2011,