Hey guys, Iv'e been playing guitar for just under a year, about 8 months, so pretty new to the game. For the school talent show I decided to do a cover of Eagle Eye Cherry's 'Save Tonight' which is a fantastic song. This is us in rehersal :P

So yeah just asking for your opinions, regarding my little time playing and some feedback would be lovely! cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFnMSKniCsk
“Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded.”
- Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by omgpaulthompson at Mar 16, 2011,
I clicked the link and got an "error: malformed url" message from youtube..
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
Redone the link
“Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you’ll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you’re gonna be rewarded.”
- Jimi Hendrix
nice song choice... one of my favorites to perform.

the girl's vocals are simply outstanding. she has a very pure voice, and i like when she switches up the notes from the recorded version, especially when the chorus comes in after the quiet part.

as far as your guitar playing, the only thing i could really criticize is that you might need a little work on your tempo. it sounds like it speeds up/slows down suddenly sometimes, and while it's only slight, it is noticeable. other than that, it sounded fine, and obviously the tempo changes weren't so bad the the vocalist wasn't able to keep up, which is what really matters. you nailed the strum pattern and all the chords, which is impressive for only playing eight months.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1422007
i'd appreciate it
Thank's for the feedback!

I'll be sure to check your videos out
- Jimi Hendrix